D.C. Area Babies
Options

This too shall pass...

I just wanted to thank you all once again for getting me through last week. I hadn't been so low since i had really hit rock bottom 6 weeks postpartum. I 'gave up' on breastfeeding, deciding that i would EP and continue to nurse her at night (since she's never fought that). This Sunday, after accepting that we would do bottles exclusively, i still offered DD the chance to nurse - wouldn't you know it, she took the opportunity twice!!! She also had a bad night the night before last and completely nursed for comfort. It made my heart sing - and made me realize that these are, indeed, moments in time and, no matter how cliche it all sounds, these moments pass by and there is a bright and shining moment around the corner.

Once i relaxed about bottle feeding and accepted EP, you know what also came back? DD's smiles. I've been getting grin after grin, even with being at work. I think that *I* fed this behavior and that accepting what i thought was a horrible moment got me back on even footing.

I want to thank you all - Preissless' post made me think how lucky we are to have one another.  I wanted to share some good news for a change - i know the road is long is and there will be more moments where i won't see my way through it but i know i have you ladies to keep me from myself and to talk me off the ledge. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker CafeMom Tickers

Re: This too shall pass...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"