Babies on the Brain

College friend - WTF Facebook.

"My kids are being home-schooled.  I don't want them having sex by the time they are 11."

WTF.  Maybe I'm naive, but are kids really having sex this young? And is home-schooling the answer? 

Our Little Lady
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Avery - 8.2.07 | Asher - 5.12.10 | Audrey - 11.28.12

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: College friend - WTF Facebook.

• Well, I suppose if you keep them locked in their own rooms and they never leave the house, its the answer. lol  Until they get old enough to figure out how to sneak out anyways.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagecowgirltu:
    Well, I suppose if you keep them locked in their own rooms and they never leave the house, its the answer. lol  Until they get old enough to figure out how to sneak out anyways.

This is a lot of the reason I'm not on board with home-schooling in the first place. And I definitely don't think it's the answer to keeping kids from becoming sexually active.  

Our Little Lady

• Loading the player...
  • imageblowfish11:

imagecowgirltu:
    Well, I suppose if you keep them locked in their own rooms and they never leave the house, its the answer. lol  Until they get old enough to figure out how to sneak out anyways.

This is a lot of the reason I'm not on board with home-schooling in the first place. And I definitely don't think it's the answer to keeping kids from becoming sexually active.  

I def dont think its the answer either.  That was my lame attempt to be funny, fail! lol. 

• imagecowgirltu:
    imageblowfish11:

imagecowgirltu:

I def dont think its the answer either.  That was my lame attempt to be funny, fail! lol. 

No! Not fail! I got it :) 

Our Little Lady

• imageblowfish11:

"My kids are being home-schooled.  I don't want them having sex by the time they are 11."

WTF.  Maybe I'm naive, but are kids really having sex this young? And is home-schooling the answer? 

Yes and no. My brother is still in high school, and there are TWO pregnant EIGTH GRADERS. Ugh. When I was 12 I didn't even have boobs, let alone the desire to show them to anyone. 

Home schooling definitely isn't the answer. Teaching your kids self-respect and birth control methods is probably a better plan.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPicDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Public school don't  make kids have sex, HPV vaccines do.  Silly.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageLyssapee:
    Public school don't  make kids have sex, HPV vaccines do.  Silly.
    This made me laugh so hard I just dropped my sandwich on the vaccine forms I am reviewing. (but yes OP, I have had 3 pregnant 11 year olds, and many more with STDs in our school clinic).
    Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • imagebugandbibs:
    imageLyssapee:
    This made me laugh so hard I just dropped my sandwich on the vaccine forms I am reviewing. (but yes OP, I have had 3 pregnant 11 year olds, and many more with STDs in our school clinic).

This disturbs me.

Our Little Lady

• imagebugandbibs:
    (but yes OP, I have had 3 pregnant 11 year olds, and many more with STDs in our school clinic).

That is horrifying. I'm pretty sure at eleven I still wasn't sure how the mechanics of sex worked. Don't they still play with barbies and stuff? It's awful they barely got more than a decade of childhood. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Coming from personal experience...

I was private/home schooled k-8. After that I was sent to highschool. Not only was I behind but I was forced into a world I knew nothing about. No social skills and I had a very hard time. And I started to rebel.

Teach your kids what is right and wrong, set rules and TALK to them. DO NOT lock them up or they will rebel against you and the minute they get the chance they will do what they want.

You have to have a little faith and trust that you taught your children right from wrong and did the best you can. You can not control every  single thing they do or they will end up resenting you for it, and the minute they can they will be gone.

~Those who do not believe in love at first sight have obviously never given birth~ <a href="http://s1082.photobucket.com/albums/j380/Caitlyn_Blake/?action=view
  • I honestly think it is the parent's fault.  Not the schools

~Those who do not believe in love at first sight have obviously never given birth~ <a href="http://s1082.photobucket.com/albums/j380/Caitlyn_Blake/?action=view
  • imagebugandbibs:

I wasn't even able to get pregnant when I was 11. That is just sick.  

• I work with teenage/preteen girls, and yes, some kids are having sex that young.  But it's not the majority.  DH and I have already agreed that we're doing "the talk" with our future children much earlier than we received it ourselves, just to be safe.  

I hope your friend was being facetious.  Home-schooling is not the answer to kids having sex at a young age.  I second your WTF on that notion. 
  • imagebugandbibs:
    imageLyssapee:

Tongue Tied

• imagejanice9821:
    I work with teenage/preteen girls, and yes, some kids are having sex that young.  But it's not the majority.  DH and I have already agreed that we're doing "the talk" with our future children much earlier than we received it ourselves, just to be safe.  

I hope your friend was being facetious.  Home-schooling is not the answer to kids having sex at a young age.  I second your WTF on that notion. 

This.  I don't know your friend, but sounds like a facetious comment to me.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

DD: 6/21/10
    DS: 10/11/14
  • imagekmwills:

imagejanice9821:
    I work with teenage/preteen girls, and yes, some kids are having sex that young.  But it's not the majority.  DH and I have already agreed that we're doing "the talk" with our future children much earlier than we received it ourselves, just to be safe.  

This.  I don't know your friend, but sounds like a facetious comment to me.

I asked her about it last night - she was being completely serious. O_O

Our Little Lady

• Tell her she doesn't have to homeschool if she gets a chastity belt, locks it, and throws away the key.

I give your college friend the side-eye.

• How crazy.  I hate that so many people are so down on public schools.  BTW, the kids I knew who went to catholic school were on average having sex a lot earlier than the public school kids.  That's what teaching abstinence gets you!

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"