May 2012 Moms
Options

Slow Board

What has happened? Did everyone run off to facebook?

Seriously, that board/group gives me a headache with how much I miss. You'd have to be on there every minute to catch everything. I have about 23-24 annoucement things when I log in on my phone.

I like having the bump because I can go back to posts that I've written in and see what other people have said. I can pick and choose what I want to read.

Any ladies still on this board??

Re: Slow Board

• Options
    I am on here during work and on FB at home. Easier with my phone that way haha

*YCSWU June Siggy*

DS Born May 5th, 2012

Baby #2 due November 19th, 2015

• Options

I cant facebook at work, but I can bump!

Ill always be here haha

but yea, I have noticed lately it has really been slowing down 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    i'm here! eagerly awaiting responses to my recent post. hopefully things will pick up after lunch. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am still here, although I do like the facebook group, I cant facebook at work and I agree with you I like being able to go back to previous post!!!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I noticed it's slowed down a lot, too.  I am a friend the fb page, but I don't even look at it.  I  much prefer to look over here-- fb is blocked at work so thebump is my home from 8-5.  Come back everyone!!
    BabyName Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Baby Slings at Nurtured Family
  • Options
    i didnt even know there was a facebook page for us.... what is it called?
  • Options

Yesterday TN and TB were having problems, which is why I think it was slow.  No one could open any posts!

I'm not on the FB group.  I don't like getting constant notifications of new posts.  And, I can't keep track of who everyone is without their screennames and siggie photos.Stick out tongue

Due 12/20/11 ~ Lost our Muskrat at 9w2d
    4/25/12 ~ Our angel, Persephone James, is here!

• Options

imagekyynel:

Search may2012moms@groups.facebook.com and you'll find it.

• Options
    imageelviebird:

Yesterday TN and TB were having problems, which is why I think it was slow.  No one could open any posts!

I'm not on the FB group.  I don't like getting constant notifications of new posts.  And, I can't keep track of who everyone is without their screennames and siggie photos.Stick out tongue

That's true. I was able to open some yesterday but not reply. It was running at about 8pm though.

I can't figure out who is who on there either. I know there a document, but it's really annoying to search their screen name and still not know who everyone is. I feel like I know people by their siggys.

Just wait until we have our babies, it's so confusing with people changing what they had for a siggy (pets, wedding pictures) to their baby and then updating the pictures monthly. I joined TB at 6 months pregnant with DS, so I didn't get to meet the girls until 3 tri.

• Options
    I completely agree!  I don't go on fb ever.  Come back to the bump!!

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   
                                                         BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- loss

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
          BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

• Options
    imagejoshandpanda:

I cant facebook at work, but I can bump!

Ill always be here haha

but yea, I have noticed lately it has really been slowing down 

This! Although I probably shouldn't bump too much.  It's been busy at work too so I only check in every once in a while

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I've noticed how slow it is.  That really bums me out, as I have no desire to join the FB group, as I prefer the anonymity of TheBump.  I don't often start threads (but when I have they've sadly gone mostly ignored), but I respond to threads when I have something valuable to add to the conversation.  I have found myself venturing over to the "Nurseries & Baby Gear" board, and the "Baby Names" board after I realize that there are practically no new posts on here.  I might start checking out the June 2012 board, as my due date is at the very end of May, and I often feel so far behind the ladies on this board.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I'm still here, and I completely agree--love that there's a FB group and board for this, but I tend to like to scroll through previous posts, learn new info, and give support and feedback in this way instead of trying to keep up with all of the FB postings.  My tired old brain just can't handle that amount of info. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageElinJ:
    I've noticed how slow it is.  That really bums me out, as I have no desire to join the FB group, as I prefer the anonymity of TheBump.  I don't often start threads (but when I have they've sadly gone mostly ignored),
    I might check out the June 2012 board, as my due date is at the very end of May, and I often feel so far behind the ladies on this board.

Bolded.... I'm sorry. Most of mine are ignored too, unless I post something when it's slow.

There's actually a lot of ladies due at the end of the month. I'm on the 20th.... so a little over 1/2 way through the month. Someone posted about being 3rd tri on Saturday/Sunday and I replied....that's a month away for some people. It just makes the ones due at the end of the month sad since it's far away to them. Then when the people at the end of the month reach that milestone...then it's ignore/no big deal.

• Options
    I refuse to join the Facebook group. I am not going to have notifications loping up all the time and frankly, my Facebook is for my friends I actually know. I dont want my fb to BE my bump. Bums me out that he board is slow and I am sure it's because of the Facebook group.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm an exclusive bumpie, no FB group for me. I was having a hard time with this board because there are so freaking many of us. When I got married, my month board on TK had about 40 people total, maybe half of which were regulars and most of us are still friends and keep in contact. Here we've got 300+, just from looking at the spreadsheet. I think it's hard to get to really know anyone. AND I'm due May 31, so I often feel WAY behind. I don't post terribly often, but I'm here, being a lurky lou.
    (An unmatched left parenthesis creates an unresolved tension that will stay with you all day.

The Princess of Anything is Coming!

Had a dream I was queen.
    Woke up. Still queen.
  • Options

I'm still here!

I didn't join the FB group bc I'm not comfortable being "out" with my real name and all that information - I'm only on one other FB group with nesties and I was posting on that board for two years before I joined.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageIsaacA:

There's actually a lot of ladies due at the end of the month. I'm on the 20th.... so a little over 1/2 way through the month. Someone posted about being 3rd tri on Saturday/Sunday and I replied....that's a month away for some people. It just makes the ones due at the end of the month sad since it's far away to them. Then when the people at the end of the month reach that milestone...then it's ignore/no big deal.

This is how I felt on my last BMB.  I was due on the 20th.  Everyone would post their new u/s photos and by the time it got around to us at the end of the month, I think everyone was bored of looking at them.  I have to admit, I like being due at the beginning this time around.  Stupid, but true.  At any rate, at only the weekly checkins do I really think about how far along I am compared to everyone else.  I usually use this board for general information, which is why I have no desire to join the FB group.

Due 12/20/11 ~ Lost our Muskrat at 9w2d
    4/25/12 ~ Our angel, Persephone James, is here!

• Options

I joined the FB group but honestly forget about it most of the time, and when I do get on there I find it overwhelming!  I think I check it out about twice a month!  I also feel like since I'm not on all the time people will wonder who I am if I do post something.  I much prefer the bump, but I agree it feels like its slow these days.

On a side note- IsaacA we have the same due date :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageIsaacA:

What has happened? Did everyone run off to facebook?

Seriously, that board/group gives me a headache with how much I miss. You'd have to be on there every minute to catch everything. I have about 23-24 annoucement things when I log in on my phone.

I like having the bump because I can go back to posts that I've written in and see what other people have said. I can pick and choose what I want to read.

Any ladies still on this board??

I agree! The facebook group is just too much for me.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

imagekyynel:

my thoughts exactly...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm here! My hubby and I don't have facebook, so this is the only place I go.
  • Options
    I prefer this board way more than the facebook page. I joined but never go on because it is sooooo overwhelming and a hundreds of posts/comments constantly..this is slower pace for me and I like it better haha..I feel with the facebook you would have to be on there every second of the day to not miss anything..I like being able to look at posts I want to and comment where/when I want to..much easier this way...definitely agree, the posts on this board have gone down significantly since the facebook page was made...

• Options
    imageErinR2012:

Yay! I think it's a good day to have a baby..... if we even have our babies that day.
    We'll have to see if we have our babies on the same day.

• Options
    I go on both.  But I have not been feeling well since last week so I haven't been much on either one.  
  • Options

I'm here! I normally will FB when I get home or on the weekends, but I try to stay on the bump during the day. Work has just been so crazy, I haven't had much time to do anything!

I like the FB group because it can be a bit more fast paced and I feel like we talk about things other than just babies babies babies. But I do love this board because I know who everyone is based on siggys and you can look up old threads etc.

1st BFP- March 2011. Natural MC @ 8 weeks
    2nd BFP- July 2011.  Chemical Pregnancy
    3rd BFP- Sep 2011. My beautiful son was born May 2012.
    4th BFP-August 2014- Due May 12, 2015

• Options
    imageIsaacA:
    imageErinR2012:

Yay! I think it's a good day to have a baby..... if we even have our babies that day.
    We'll have to see if we have our babies on the same day.

So true! Who really knows when the LO's will arrive? It would be fun to have the same birth date as someone though :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't realize that was why this board has been so slow lately. I prefer the bump so I will be staying here!
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I agree, I have been so sad the last week or two that posting has slowed down! I was wondering why, is it the dumb ol' Facebook group? (said like a pouting 2yo) I joined TB because I liked TB format, not b/c I wanted to be on FB, and I miss the regular postings here. :(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    I'm not even on FB. The site has been acting wacky this week, so that could be it.
  • Options

I'm here! I just moved and am working on finding a job and working my other job and spending my extra time with my fiance, so I don't have a lot of time to get on. I try to visit every other day at least though.

I'm NOT on the facebook group. Sorry, I like this group, but I don't have a desire to let you all know exactly who I am haha

• Options
    I am on the facebook group more because I get answers faster and with the problems I have been having on the bump its harder to respond and post.  I still check bump when at work.  But when I am commuting and home I only use facebook due to convenience and not getting on computer. I can check on my phone. If bump came up with an iphone app I would be on more.
  • Options
    Still here (: never joined the FB group. Don't really know why seeing as I'm on TB and FB simultaneously anyway but still here daily and checking up on everyone (:
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageIsaacA:

imageElinJ:
    I've noticed how slow it is.  That really bums me out, as I have no desire to join the FB group, as I prefer the anonymity of TheBump.  I don't often start threads (but when I have they've sadly gone mostly ignored),
    I might check out the June 2012 board, as my due date is at the very end of May, and I often feel so far behind the ladies on this board.

Bolded.... I'm sorry. Most of mine are ignored too, unless I post something when it's slow.

No worries!  Honestly, I don't respond to a whole lot of threads myself.  I'm a FTM, so I have no experience.  I am also a huge procrastinator, so I haven't purchased bedding/crib/carseat/furniture etc etc, and I also have chosen a lot of that.  So, I felt like I was way behind when people were posting about that stuff.  I really only comment if I feel like I have something to contribute.

And PS. I was going to respond sooner, but a transformer blew in my neighborhood and we lost power, BOO!

• Options
    imageElinJ:
    imageIsaacA:

imageElinJ:

No worries!  Honestly, I don't respond to a whole lot of threads myself.  I'm a FTM, so I have no experience.  I am also a huge procrastinator, so I haven't purchased bedding/crib/carseat/furniture etc etc, and I also have chosen a lot of that.  So, I felt like I was way behind when people were posting about that stuff.  I really only comment if I feel like I have something to contribute.

And PS. I was going to respond sooner, but a transformer blew in my neighborhood and we lost power, BOO!

I'm pretty much in the same boat. I haven't purchased anything of significance for my LO and I'm due later in the month like you ladies... So I haven't reached 3rd tri or even 24 weeks yet (tomorrow!!) 

I spend lots of time on FB for work and like to just relax in the anonymity of TB in my personal life. 

Also,  I finally figured out how to bump from my new iPhone, so I'll be able to contribute more often :) 

TTC #1 Since 01.2010 | Cycle 19: BFP 09.17.11 | Baby girl born on her due date 05.23.12
  • Options

I've been too busy to function this last week, but coming out of out of that haze now...I think.

But I do like FB for immediate gratification, to be honest.  Don't intend to abandon TB, though.

• Options
    I do both but fb is much easier for me on my phone.  The last few days the bump was acting up .  Glad its back 
    Team Blue! BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I still check this board regularly, but I'm on the FB group as well.  I know they monitor our internet use where I work and fb is easier to use from my phone than TB.  So, I mostly catch up on TB once I get home in the evenings.  I like both groups for different reasons - they have very different personalities.  I do like being able to keep track of posts easier on TB; they get all jumbled and buried on fb.
    image"">photo 5aa70bd1-35a2-4fdc-86d5-7d5bb7b5c3a1.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"