Pregnant after a Loss

NT scan results!

I had my NT scan yesterday, and overall, it went well.  We had 45 minutes of getting to see LO, which was really great.  The tech said our baby was the most cooperative of the day (it takes after mom!)  She got some beautiful shots, and said that the neck thickness was just perfect, no need for concern.  She told us our baby is a "textbook" baby, and the shots she got were like out of a training manual for techs.  I was absolutely thrilled to hear that. 

Then, she did a u/s of my cervix.  That's where things got a little worrysome.  She determined that I have a marginal placenta previa right now.  The placenta is partially covering my cervix, but not fully.  She confirmed this interpretation with the doctor on duty.  She thinks that because it's still early on, the placenta will move and the previa will resolve on its own.  Apparently, 9 out of 10 do.  However, I'm on pelvic rest until 16 weeks.  Normally, this wouldn't be an issue.  But DH got hurt Thursday night playing soccer and needs lots of care.  He's having surgery tomorrow.  All the housework is now on me.  So I am trying to take it easy and not do too much.  I'm also trying not to worry, but that's hard too. 

Anybody in later pregnancy have experience with having a placenta previa that resolved on its own?  I'd like to hear what others have to say.  Thanks ladies!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Once touched by pain, you're not the same But time can heal your heart again So let the clouds that bring you down Just fade away...

Re: NT scan results!

• Soo glad you got to see ur healthy LO! :) I hope you can try not to worry to much and rest as much as possible....remember the house work will always be there lol :) congrats!

TTC since 7/10, BFP#1~6/28/11(4wks2d)~EDD 3/4/12, missed m/c(8wks)~8/12/11, D&C~8/16/11
    BFP#2~12/15/11~EDD 8/25/12, Hannah born 8/22/12~ 7lbs 10oz & 21 in. long. :)

BFP#3~1/12/14~EDD 9/23/14, Found out baby is a girl!~4/18/14 :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com[url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/34aafc/]My Ovulation Chart[/url] || [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Chart[/url]
    || [url=http;//www.
  • I am so glad that overall the scan went well!

I hope that the placenta previa fixes itself in the next couple of weeks! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagetheresat858:

I did some reading about it, and at 18 weeks, ~20% of women have previa, but by the time it matters (towards delivery), only ~2% of women have it - so it is highly likely that it will go away on its own.  I would guess that at 12 weeks the % is even higher.  

FYI, my doc never told me to take it easy because of the low-lying placenta - he just said pelvic rest (no sex) - but no restrictions on exercise or anything like that, so you should be fine doing the housework. 

That's interesting.  I did hear that 9 out of 10 eventually resolve, so I'm hoping I'm in that majority.  Glad to hear yours did.  Because mine is marginal previa, they asked me not to exercise, no sex, and not to lift anything heavier than 20 lbs.  I'm hoping there's some progress to see on it moving out of the way at 16 weeks!  Thanks for the input!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Once touched by pain, you're not the same But time can heal your heart again So let the clouds that bring you down Just fade away...
  • Congrats on your great scan!  It's such a relief to get good news on your baby at this stage.  

Sorry to hear about your DH!  Hang in there and hope you're both on the mend soon. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Glad to hear the scan went well! Hopefully everything else will work itself out. And poor DH! I hope he has a speedy recovery.

imageimageimageTTC since 07/11 | natural m/c 08/11 | BFP 12/6/2011 | Elinor Anna born 8/18/2012 | BFP #2 1/16/2014
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yay for little one looking healthy and well!  :)
    Anniversary Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

~Started TTC 2/09. BFP #1 11/09. EDD 8/7/10. DS born 8/7/10.~
    ~Surprise BFP #2 5/11 while still BF'ing. Natural M/C @ 7w3d.~
    ~BFP #3 8/11. EDD 4/24/12. Heavy bleeding episodes from a lost twin. DD born 4/14/12.~
    ~Started TTC 2/13. BFP #4 3/13. EDD 11/8/13. Hoping for smooth sailing!~
  • I'm so glad the scan went well! I'm sorry this resting order is coming at a difficult time. Best wishes!
    Siggy Note: Drunk Ron Swanson is on a break while Amy Poehler takes over for a while, summing up my thoughts on all this birth control, prenatal testing, women's issues stuff in the news.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    dx: LPD & low progesterone 11/2011
    BFP #1 August 23
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"