Multiples
Options

when could u differentiate who was kicking you?

hi ladies....

i am 22 weeks and while i feel movement all over and know where each baby is i am still not convinced that i know who is moving in there and who is kicking me....at what point, if ever, were you able to tell which one was giving you some punching/kicking action?

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: when could u differentiate who was kicking you?

• Options
    From about 18 to 24 weeks, I could mostly tell who was who because they were transverse like little bunk beds and not changing much, so way down low was Baby A and up high was B. Now they've changed positions, but I know it's A who has her feet all up in my right ribs. A is Righty and B is Lefty.

Untitled

Etta Jane and Claire Elaine are here! Born March 28, 2012.

my blog

What it's like to cloth diaper twins, Part I.

Cloth diapering twins, Part II.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

They are staying left and right, so I can tell who's who by sides.

When they kick right in the middle of me, sometimes it's hard, but I think I've figured out that Rightie is a little higher than Leftie right now.  Last we checked they were both head down. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm 24 weeks and I've been able to differentiate for the last 3 weeks now or so.  At our last u/s the doc showed me where they were lying and sure enough I can definitely tell who is kicking me based on where she showed me.  Our little man is on my right and lower and he is quieter than his sister who is on my left and sits up higher. 

Funny though - a lot of times I get kicked/punched square in the middle and can't tell who did it - though I'm 90% sure its my daughter - she's my little gymnast probably bullying her brother.  I wonder if this is an indication of their future....duh duh duh!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Mine are di/di and my son settled on the right side for the last 10 weeks head down on my cervix. My lil girl moves mostly on the left, she's head down also but is at his shoulder and her legs curl over my belly button. They have always been on "their" sides basically. She taps me at night mostly and he goes off and on most of the day. Started feeling him at 20w and her around 22w. Side kicks, high and really low only. I also have anterior placentas for both so sometimes I feel lighter in the middle but it's always on "their" own side.
    Oct1201212 Twins born at 34w2d, Allison, 3lb,4oz-Ethan, 4lb7oz, both 16 1/2 inches. Out of Difficulties Grow Miracles BestBuddiesBoy AprilPosseMultiLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

I've been able to tell from the first flutters, because they are transverse. Anything up high is B, and anything down by my pelvis is A. Mine also make different types of movements. A makes a lot of big movements, turns, stretches, pushing out on my belly, that sort of thing. B makes more small, spastic movements. A lot of little kicks, punches, and wiggling. These different styles of movements have been confirmed on u/s.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I never could, really.  A's feet were in the same region as B's arms/feet (B rotated, A stayed in a constant position).
  • Options
    So far I am not really sure. At our last ultrasound Baby A (girl) was head down close to my cervix. (partial placenta previa) Baby B is head up on my right, but even during our ultrasound he had moved sideways. So his head and her feet are often near each other - or at least I assume, so I am not always sure who is doing what. Should be interesting to see where they are in a few weeks!
    my blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Boy/girl twins born at 37w1d and 37w2d

• Options
    I could differentiate who was who when they were both head down. When they turned breech and transverse, I had no clue who I was feeling.
  • Options
    Pretty much from when I found out @ 5 months that we were expecting twins, I could tell. Both of my di/di girlies are traverse. So, I've got one lying low on my cervix & another one with her head in my rib. It has NOT been a fun pregnancy! :)
    ~ SARA ~

Mother to:
    Aidan William (3/19/09)
    Laila Monet (1/5/11)
    Ava Selene & Chloe Corinne (2/6/12)

• Options
    My babies are transverse and it's really easy to tell when it's him.  He's is the low lying baby and tends to be more active.  It's harder for me to tell when it's her, but I'm starting to get better about it. When it's by my ribs, obviously it's her, but there are still a lot of middle ground kicks that are hard to differentiate.

Photobucket

IVF #1 was a success! Harrison and Brooke born at 37 weeks. 6lbs8oz and 6lbs11oz. Loving life as a MoM.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Our Little Miracles

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"