Pregnant after 35
Options

16 week ultrasound

Hi ladies. After much debating DH and I have decided that we do want to find out the sex of the baby before he/she is born. Of course now that we have made a decision I am so impatient to get to that day! Were any of You able to find out at the 16 week appt  wih your OBgyn or was it much later? I also have a Level 2 ultrasound at 18wks but that's at the Perinatal Center for the follow up NT testing 

Just hoping I can go shopping soon :-)  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 16 week ultrasound

• Options
    I didn't get to find out the sex for DD until the 18 week (or 20 week - depends on when your doctor does the ultrasound) mark. I've heard of some people finding out with some degree of accuracy at the NT scan. So, I guess you never know. 
  • Options
    I never had a u/s at 16 weeks but I know people that have found out around 15 weeks. You may want to verify things at a later u/s though.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We found out at 17 weeks at the perinatologists for level 2 ultrasound. They checked again at 23 weeks as I am a skeptical person about accuracy (they told us my little boy was definitely a girl)  at 23 weeks and at 17 they told us its a girl.   We will see, I am still hesitant to purchase stuff even though I felt it was a girl all along. LOL.  good luck :-)
    Aug 15 April Siggy challenge: Baby Shower fails:

BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Our LO was quickly identified as a boy on our 16 wk. u/s.
  • Options

My u/s was at 18 weeks, but there was no doubt he was a boy... he was proudly flashing those parts for the world to see.

Rule of thumb... if they say it's a boy, it's definitely a boy, if they say it's a girl, it could still be a boy. I had a friend when I was pregnant with DS, she had two u/s, and then went to pay for a 3D one to confirm she was having a girl, decorated her nursery, bought tons of adorable girl clothes... and on the big day she sent pics of Eric. yep, BOY.

Basically, they say boy if they see a penis, and girl if they don't, but unless they get a clear shot of the whoha with legs spread.... there's no guarantee that there wasn't a boy parts being hidden by a leg. ;)

• Options
    I found out at 15w3d when I went in for my amnio. The tech looked and said, "That's a boy. The amnio will confirm, but that is DEFINITELY a boy!" And, sure enough, my amnio results confirmed boy. I also went back at 20w for a full a/s and they commented on his obvious winky. Not sure whether to be proud or concerned!
  • Options
    We'll be finding out at the a/s, which will be at 20 weeks for us.
  • Options
    We found out at 19 weeks that we're having a girl.  However, because of all the stories about how you're told girl and then a boy pops out on delivery day I asked them to check again at my growth scan in December. lol  That confirmed that we're having a girl.  You definitely need a good open leg shot, but if you can get it, I say go shopping. :)
  • Options
    I was about 16 weeks when I found out at the ultrasound. The sex was pretty obvious...The tech was able to tell he was a boy right away. I had an amnio right after that confirmed that he was a boy..(.I got the results of the amnio a week later.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"