September 2011 Moms
Options

Anyone have a Rolling Baby who hated tummy time?

My DS basically either sucks on his hands for a few minutes before crying or lays his head down and tries to sleep when we try tummy time with him.  I've had a little success with the boppy and on the changing table but he's definitely not super into it and isn't interested in the toys I dangle in front of him.  He's got good head control, can lift it up 45 degrees and can lean on his elbows and kick, but he'd just rather be facing up or standing up holding onto my fingers lately.  His daycare teacher mentioned he might be a baby that skips the rolling/crawling and goes to walking and I was kind of bummed because it's oh so cute when they start to roll around - does anyone out there have a roller that wasn't too keen on tummy time?

Re: Anyone have a Rolling Baby who hated tummy time?

• Options

This is my little girl exactly.  She loves standing while we hold her around her waist or her arms/hands.  She hated tummy time since day 1.  Lately there are a few moments that she seems to tolerate it.  This hasn't stopped her from rolling though.  She rolled tummy to back at 3.5 months, then quickly forgot how.  Just last night she rolled back to tummy 2 times in her crib. 

Even after all this, she still fusses 95 % of the time we put her on her tummy.

And this was also my friends DD as well.  She HATED tummy time.  Now she is 8.5 months old and literally rolls from one side of the room to the other. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Carter isn't fond of tummy time at all.  He gets mad after a minute or two.  But he does like laying on DH's chest on his tummy and started doing push-ups on DH the other night.  The next day I put him on his tummy and he rolled over immediately!  Maybe this will work for you?
    8418442352_4e02174cbd_o
    "Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing."
    ~Dr. Suess
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My son hated tummy time and we hardly did it then one day he just rolled over onto his belly and bacK at 4.5m .. He still hated his belly and got mad when he'd roll per was kinda funny ;) he deals with it now but still not a fan
  • Options
    imagefaupanda:

Ariella hates tummy time too.  She will tolerate it, but she usually plants her face in the blanket and fusses after a minute or two.

Ditto this for my boy. He's has rolled both ways, although isn't particularly interested in that either.

• Options
    I've wondered the same. Elli hates tummy time with a passion and has not rolled either way yet.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"