Austin Babies

Bye Bye Cable :(

Today we say farewell to cable television.

Please tell me I will be ok.

We have a Roku and Netflix and I have a green light to sign up for Hulu Plus, but man. I'm already sweatin' it and pissed off at DH.

Re: Bye Bye Cable :(

• My BIL and SIL haven't had cable in at least a year. They have a Roku and haven't missed cable one bit.

• everyone i know who has ditched cable hasn't really missed it. that said, i'm not ready to ditch it! good luck! Smile
  • Loading the player...
  • You've got a good set up! It's been over a year - maybe close to two years now - and we haven't missed it at all :)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageflymansWife:
    everyone i know who has ditched cable hasn't really missed it. that said, i'm not ready to ditch it! good luck! Smile

yeah, i'm not ready to ditch it either. the reason we got cable in the first place was for DH to watch college football. and now i'm just hooked to the DVR function. 

• imagemrs.wildman:

Today we say farewell to cable television.

Please tell me I will be ok.

I'm already sweatin' it and pissed off at DH.

Hahaha. You'll be fine! Welcome to modern day. Cable companies are mean and greedy anyways. You won't miss a thing.

• imageSaraLouiseBride08:

Hahaha. You'll be fine! Welcome to modern day. Cable companies are mean and greedy anyways. You won't miss a thing.

Ditto that.  They're such greedy bastards, and a royal PITA to deal with when you have issues. 

• Yeah... I think it will be harder for DH with college football come next fall. I really will just miss DVR, and hopefully Hulu will help me with that as most of the shows I watch are there. DH said "well we can just add cable back in the fall..." To which I replied "OH HELL NO. If I make a sacrifice, so do you." He has to go at least one full season without it before getting it back.

I'm honestly looking forward to a football season where we're not hosting all of DH's friends :)

• When we move down there we're not planning to get cable. Will be hard because I'm addicted to my DVR. It's so handy. Everything is online and on Netflix now though so I don't see the point in paying hundreds of dollars. DH may change his tune though since it will still be end of the NBA season when we get there. We'll see.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"