November 2011 Moms
Options

Mommies of 2+. How are you coping?

My 3 month old DD is super needy and never naps. Between feeding and soothing her, I feel like I spend most of my day tending to her and my poor 3 year old DS is craving my attention. He was almost potty trained but he has completely regressed and now wants to be changed because "Audrey gets changed." I feel so super guilty. I include him in belly time, etc and Audrey's face lights up when he's playing with her, but he really just seems to resent her right now. I can't leave him in the room with her because he smacks her and yells, "please stop it, baby!" I'm at a loss. I hope this gets better!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Mommies of 2+. How are you coping?

• Options
    I suggest a specific time on the weekend or at night where daddy takes the baby and you get one on one time with him. This way he always knows that this is your time. I am going to implement this for my DS who knows it's hard but I think misses his one on one mom time.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Aside from doing what PP said about the one-on-one time with DS, I'm afraid I'm not much help. My DD is almost 5 and she's a great help. Does your DS like helping? If so task him with a lot of little things (get baby's blanket or passy). I'm BFing so there's a lot of time spent with the baby right now, but I make sure to remind my DD that it won't always be this way. GL!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD is 7 so it's not that bad. She goes to school but lately she has been getting in trouble and I'm not sure if it is because of LO or puberty. DD also goes with her dad on the weekends so I guess I can't really complain. DD craves attention but like I tell her almost daily that It's going to get better. Once LO is bigger he will be able to play more with her and entertain himself so that I can spend more time with her. I am looking forward to the summer when we all can go out and head to the beach. Instead of being cooped up inside the house.
  • Options
    imageAugustbride:
    I suggest a specific time on the weekend or at night where daddy takes the baby and you get one on one time with him. This way he always knows that this is your time. I am going to implement this for my DS who knows it's hard but I think misses his one on one mom time.
    This is what I was going to say.  I've been doing this with DD every weekend and we both love it.  We've gone to Bread Co for a bagel a couple of times, gone to the library, out to dinner, etc.  It's so hard having two and not being able to give both of them your time, but I think this helps.
  • Options
    I agree with setting a special time for him. With DS at night before bed DH takes DD while I spend time with DS. We read a story, cuddle on the couch, watch tv and then I tuck him in bed.
    ~I Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Posting from an Android sorry for any errors
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"