August 2011 Moms
Options

If you BF and do solids regularly...?

What is your LO's poop like?

I've been feeding DS solids now for about 2 weeks 2x per day. Usually get a Tbl of fruit mixed in with oatmeal in the morning and about 2 tbl of veggies mixed with oatmeal at night.  At first, his poops were completely normal, however in the past week they have turned almost adult-like (tmi I know LOL).  He is going everyday, isn't straining, and doesn't seem to be in pain so I don't think he's constipated.  I'm just surprised at how quickly it changed over. 

Is this in line with your LO?  Or do you think I should call the pedi?  TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: If you BF and do solids regularly...?

• Options
    DD's poop is definitely more solid now. If your DS is showing no sign of discomfort, I wouldn't worry about it :)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    TMI but yes, DD's poops are definitely bigger and more formed. They are sort of similar in consistency to creamy peanut butter. I wouldn't compare them to an adult poop though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I compare it to creamy peanut butter (sorry to whoever is having a PB&J for lunch!), my DS doesn't go #2 that often (we're talking 8-10 days between is his norm), so we're doing only foods that will hopefully help him go a little more regularly, and 2 oz pear juice every day, per the pedi. 

His most recent BM was only 6 days apart :)  He seems to strain some when he goes though.  It definitely seems to be a little more "formed", but I wouldn't really call it adult-like. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I do 1 1/4  oz of canned baby food a day.  About every 3 days for the last week and a half he has has thicker poop than PB but not foe rmed,  this may just be because he has squished it though.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"