Indiana Babies
Options

GTKY

yay for all the newbies posting in yesterday's check-in!  in trying to get the board more active, i thought i'd post a GTKY.

1. what part of the state do you live in?

2. what is your occupation?

3. Do you have any hobbies?

4. Share something random!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: GTKY

• Options

1. what part of the state fo you live in:  northeast! (which means i'm never any help with indy related questions)

2. occupation:  i took a year long maternity leave, so currently i am a SAHM to do little girls.  but when not on leave, i'm a kindergarten teacher

3. hobbies:  i've really gotten into sewing the last couple of years.  i'm also trying to get back into running, hoping to run a mini in the near future.  and lastly i've been trying to read more.  some days since staying home, i feel like my brain is rotting!

4. something random: we are currently debating whether to move or stay put.  we've outgrown our current house but for some reason moving kinda makes me nervous - and i'm talking same town, just a bigger house.  i'm hoping our future selves will figure it out (bonus points to anyone that can name that show)!

• Options

1. northside of Indy

2. accountant

3. running, cooking, wine tasting :-)

4. My birthday is 2-11 and my kids' birthday is 11-2.  Cool, huh?

Owen and Olivia born on November 2, 2011 at 30.5 weeks Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

1. what part of the state do you live in? Suburb of Indy

2. what is your occupation? I was a full-time auditor at a public accounting firm before we moved from IL to Indy when DH got a new job.  After finding out we were having twins last May, I planned to be a SAHM for a couple years before looking for a new job and putting the kids in daycare.  After our loss, I became a housewife.  I said to DH that I guess I needed to look for a new job here.  However, we decided to try IVF again first and see if we get a BFP and then I'll continue to stay home.  My former employer in IL knew about our loss and asked in October if I wanted to work from home during busy season (Jan-April 15th), so currently, I'm preparing corporate tax returns and reviewing personal tax returns from home.  Dh and I figured that would give us more time to try for a sticky BFP.  Of course, I'm hoping our next IVF works.  Otherwise, I'll have to look for a new job.

3. Do you have any hobbies?  I love decorating and organizing around our house.  I also enjoy watching reality tv shows.  I really feel like I should read more.

4. Share something random! When I was a kid, I doodled floor plans.  I drew the floor plan of the house my parent's built when I was 13.

TTC #1 since October 2008. Dealing with MFI.
    IVF #1 w ICSI in July 2010 = BFN
    IVF #2.1 in Oct 2010 converted to IUI = BFN
    IVF #2.2 w ICSI in Dec 2010 = BFN
    Met with new RE in new city on 1/31/11.
    IVF #3 w ICSI in April 2011. HPT on 5/9 = BFP!
    Beta #1 on 5/10 (10dp5dt) = 99.4. Beta #2 on 5/12 = 284. First u/s on 5/26. = Fraternal TWINS!
    Twin boys born & lost on 8/16/11 at 18w1d due to PPROM & preterm labor.
    IVF #4.1 in Jan 2012 converted to IUI on 1/7/12 = BFN
    IVF #4.2 w ICSI in Feb 2012. Lupron on 2/10. Stims on 2/18. ER on 2/29- 7R,6F
    ET scheduled for 3/5/12- nothing to transfer :(
    Dh seeing new MFI uro & Dh starting meds- June 2012.
    IVF #5 in Dec 2012 = BFFN.
    IVF #6 planned for Spring 2013. Praying for our take home baby/ies.
    **P/SAIF and P/SAL always welcome!**

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

1. what part of the state do you live in? Indianapolis (Meridian Kessler area, to be exact). DH is from South Bend and all of his family still lives up there, so we have a lot of love for northern Indiana too!

2. what is your occupation? RN

3. Do you have any hobbies? I love reading and we love to travel when we get the chance. DH & I try to run regularly - we enjoy doing some races during the warmer months. I'm also slightly addicted to Pinterest : )

4. Share something random! I'm also a transplant from Illinois and will ALWAYS be a Bears/Cubs/Bulls/Blackhawks fan no matter how long I live in Indiana : )

• Options

1. what part of the state do you live in? East side of Indy, everyone is always North, but I will never move that way. We are planning to move further east (well southeast - fairland)

2. what is your occupation? Executive Assistant

3. Do you have any hobbies? Not really, I like to shop and the peruse the internet

4. Share something random! My husband and I have been together 9 years next month, but only been married for 1.5 years.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

1. what part of the state do you live in? Southside of Indianapolis near Greenwood

2. what is your occupation? HR Coordinator

3. Do you have any hobbies? I like to play softball.  We recently joined a gym, so I'm trying to get back into my active, in-shape self :-)

4. Share something random! I'm excited that I have the week off next week, and get to go on my first cruise!

DH: 34  
    Aug 2013 - SA: Counts & Motility = great, Morph = 1%; RE didn't seem too concerned

Me: 26
    Jan. 2014 - Blood work ordered by obgyn:  Prolactin = high & AMH = low (0.73)
    Feb. 6, 2014 - Repeat blood work ordered by obgyn:  Prolactin = normal & AMH = low (0.9)
    Feb.  20, 2014 - First appointment with RE
    Feb. 24, 2014 - HSG scheduled;  DX:  one tube definitely open & one tube could be blocked
    Mar. 7, 2014 - CD 21 Blood work for Progesterone; DX:  Progesterone level at 5.2; shows I ovulated but was low
    Mar. 28, 2014 - Laparoscopy; DX:  Tubes open.  Found some endometriosis and had that removed.

History:
    Started TTC:  June 2012
    June 2012 - March 2013:  When it Happens/it happens method = BFN
    March 2013:  Started using Fertility Friend
    Cycles 1 - 15 with Fertility Friend = BFN
    Cycle 16 - Benched due to Laparoscopy
    Cycle 17 - Natural Cycle = BFN
    Cycle 18 - Natural Cycle = BFN
    Cycle 19 - Natural Cycle = BFN

Current Cycle:
    Cycle 20 = Natural Cycle

• Options

1. what part of the state do you live in? I guess I'm the oddball. I'm in Southern Indiana.

2. what is your occupation? Computer Helpdesk Tech

3. Do you have any hobbies? Too many. I'm starting to become one of those people that needs the entire basement to house my stuff. I like to paint, read, write poetry/short stories, play sports, and now I've gotten into making LO hair clips

4. Share something random! DH and I both had crushes on each other in high school, but never went on a date or even talked about it until 14 years later.

forum
  • Options
    imageathlete010688:

1. what part of the state do you live in? Southside of Indianapolis near Greenwood

3. Do you have any hobbies? I like to play softball.  We recently joined a gym, so I'm trying to get back into my active, in-shape self :-)

4. Share something random! I'm excited that I have the week off next week, and get to go on my first cruise!

fun! where are you cruising to?!

• Options

1. Indianapolis

2. Physician. I have 17 months of residency left (but who's counting).

3. I used to love to travel but don't have much time any more. I love going to see live music, collecting concert posters and sports memorabilia, and watching football and basketball.

4. I have a roomba but wish it worked better. it makes me sad that i don't use it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imagespartan2005:
    imageathlete010688:

fun! where are you cruising to?!

We leave out of Fort Lauderdale and we have ports at Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Roatan, and Costa Maya.  We're pretty excited for some warm weather!  Although this winter hasn't been too bad at all!

Aug 2013 - SA: Counts & Motility = great, Morph = 1%; RE didn't seem too concerned

Feb. 6, 2014 - Repeat blood work ordered by obgyn:  Prolactin = normal & AMH = low (0.9)
    Feb. 24, 2014 - HSG scheduled;  DX:  one tube definitely open & one tube could be blocked
    Mar. 7, 2014 - CD 21 Blood work for Progesterone; DX:  Progesterone level at 5.2; shows I ovulated but was low
    Mar. 28, 2014 - Laparoscopy; DX:  Tubes open.  Found some endometriosis and had that removed.

History:

Current Cycle:
    Cycle 20 = Natural Cycle

• Options
    imagemarleysmom:

Exciting!  Not you! :-)  Are you going to be a general practice physician, or specialize?

History:

Current Cycle:
    Cycle 20 = Natural Cycle

• Options

1. what part of the state do you live in? We live in a tiny town about an hour north of Indy.

2. what is your occupation? part-time legal secretary

3. Do you have any hobbies? Anything crafty!! I also love to read, but feel like I never have time for it!

4. Share something random! I just became a silver poster today! I post over on the June 2011 board (DS was born 6/17/11), but would love to post more over here and get to know you ladies better! :)

• Options

1. what part of the state do you live in? NE side of Indy.  We actually just moved 1.5 miles and are now in Hancock County.  (BTW We still have our house for sale in Indy if anyone is looking:) lol)

2. what is your occupation? Electrical Engineer

3. Do you have any hobbies? I love to read.  I probably read about 5 books every 3 weeks or so.  I enjoy going to the gym and I can't wait to get back into racquetball once LO arrives!

4. Share something random! My husband is exactly one foot taller than me.  At 6'7.5" he is really excited about the 8 foot doors in our new house!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

1.  NW Indy suburbs

2.  SAHM.  In my former life, I was a trademark and domain name paralegal.

3.  I  love to read!  And I love to cook when I am not pregnant.  Cooking makes me gag right now.  :(

4.  I speak Spanish and randomly struck up a conversation in Spanish with one of the workers at Chick-Fil-A and I guess it made him really happy because he gave DD one of their kid's meal books when he stopped by our table again.  I miss getting to use my Spanish like I did in Texas!

No siggy pic until TB gets rid of Twitter and FB links Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

1. what part of the state do you live in? north side of indy suburb 

2. what is your occupation? SAHM

3. Do you have any hobbies? reality tv? does that count as a hobby? I dont have much time for anything else right now

4. Share something random! i have no desire to go back to work, ever. Even when my kids are in school FT I hope/plan on SAH. 

• Options

1. DH and I live NW of Indy- way out in the country near Brownsburg

2. Currently: Pharm Tech at CVS, but I have a degree in psychology from Hanover College- I just really needed insurance and now I'm stuck haha!

3. I've kinda lost all my hobbies. I like photography, but haven't taken photos for a long time. I like antiquing, but our collections have grown too big to expand any more right now. Also like scrap booking, but it's soooo time consuming! (well when you're super particular about it like I am, haha!)

4. DH is trying to start a non-profit to help local residents with MS and costs of disease related stuff! :) I was diagnosised with early MS right after graduating from Hanover in 2008. Research has shown that early treatment can reverse early MS, so we started treatment immediately and... 2 and 1/2 yrs later I only have one lesion left on my spine at the base of my neck :) (started with 4 small brain lesions, and 1 large spine lesion- the one that's still left) I'm just really happy with it, I feel very fortunate to be diagnosised early :) having MS has changed my life and made me a lot of the person I am now!

image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Sorry for the long post! And I just realized its been 3 and 1/2 years since my diagnosis! Where does the time go!?
    image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Nice to see some action on this board!!

1. what part of the state do you live in? NE side of Indy

2. what is your occupation? I was a bookkeeper for a property management group but I've been on bed rest for the last 10 weeks. My position was not held so not sure what will come after maternity leave.

3. Do you have any hobbies? Started playing golf a few months before my pg, I hope I can back into it after LO arrival

4. Share something random! Indy has been the longest I've lived some place since 1998. I've lived in Pgh, Charlotte and upstate ny. Indy has been great!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    imagespartan2005:

1. what part of the state do you live in?  just southeast of downtown indy.  Although, I'm from Fort Wayne originally.

2. what is your occupation?  SAHM

3. Do you have any hobbies?  I used to do poetry....i guess i don't really have hobbies anymore...I'll have to work on that.

4. Share something random!   My SIL and I will be having babies a month apart!  (not planned)

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    imageathlete010688:
    imagemarleysmom:

Exciting!  Not you! :-)  Are you going to be a general practice physician, or specialize?

I'm a Rehab physician - a small specialty call Physical Medicine & Rehab. We focus on things like recovery from spinal cord injury, traumatic brain injury, sports medicine, stroke, etc. It's a great field of medicine!

• Options
    imageathlete010688:
    [

We leave out of Fort Lauderdale and we have ports at Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Roatan, and Costa Maya.  We're pretty excited for some warm weather!  Although this winter hasn't been too bad at all!

Awesome! We did FL --> Crand Cayman --> Cozumel --> Belize --> Roatan and loved it. Roatan was amazing. We visited an orphanage and dropped off supples which was so eye opening. I'd highly recommend check out the West End to grab a bite or a drink at the end of your day. It's so beautiful!

• Options
    1. What part of the state do you live in? - Indianapolis, the Near Eastside2. What is your occupation? - I just got my Masters in Museum Studies and was most recently a historic re-enactor at a living history museum...but for now I'm a SAHM until I can find a better paying, full-time job.3. Do you have any hobbies? - I agree with ambigs, I feel like my brain is rotting lately!  I love anything to do with history and love going to museums.  I play a couple of instruments, but not as much as I used to.  I got a sewing machine for Christmas and am very excited to learn how to use it!4. Share something random! - We have two miniature schnauzers - they were our "dry run" for kids, and they're so much fun.  Before getting married I hated kids and dogs and now look where I am!  :-)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

1. Live in Boone County, but spend a lot of time in the Carmel area

2. Insurance claims adjuster

3. Crochet and cooking

4. DH's 16yo sister lives with us for now - but may be more permanent....not sure how I feel about it.

image April 2, 2011 Exclusive Pumping Facebook Group http://www.facebook.com/groups/113592028761826/ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"