Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Anyone else's LO's have Pink Eye ever?? :(

DH had it last week and I had to work so he had to take care of her while he was contagious and I thought we would be fine but noooope DD woke up this morning with a pink gunky eye. I feel so bad...It doesn't seem to be bothering her too much but I'm dreading trying to get drops in her eye if the pedi percribes them. Is it dangerous for them at this age to have it?
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Photobucket

Re: Anyone else's LO's have Pink Eye ever?? :(

• Options
    DS had pink eye at about 5 months. Pedi prescribed a gel that we put inside his lower eyelids. DS would then close his eyes and it would move the medicine around in his eyes. I think we did it 3x a day for a week.  We noticed an improvement right away. Pedi didn't say anything about it being dangerous.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DS had pink eye at 5 months and the pedi prescribed an antibiotic because he had an ear infection as well (poor baby!). It cleared up quickly and the pedi didn't seem concerned. He did say (before he found the ear infection) that he normally prescribes a gel and not drops because if you put the gel on the lower eyelid the medication will get in the eye no matter what, as opposed to drops which are harder to get in. So hopefully you won't have any issues!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him." x 2

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Both kids have had conjunctivitis several times. DD1 always got it following an ear infection. The dr can prescribe eye drops which are tough on the parent to administer w/ a squirming LO. Last week, the dr prescribed an oral antibiotic-suprax which cleared it up too.It's not dangerous, just common.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagereederah:
    DS had pink eye at 5 months and the pedi prescribed an antibiotic because he had an ear infection as well (poor baby!). It cleared up quickly and the pedi didn't seem concerned. He did say (before he found the ear infection) that he normally prescribes a gel and not drops because if you put the gel on the lower eyelid the medication will get in the eye no matter what, as opposed to drops which are harder to get in. So hopefully you won't have any issues!
    This was us, too. We kind of lucked out having an ear infection so we didn't have to do the drops either.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Our 3 Precious Angels That Left Us Too Soon
    BFP #2-EDD 07/05/13 - Tater and Tot passed at 12w3d. D&C 1/17/13
    BFP #3-EDD 12/19/13 - Peanut passed at 9w1d. D&C 05/31/13

Diagnosed with Hypothyroid 05/20/13 

BFP #4 - 09/22/13 - DD#2 born 05/27/14

All Alers Welcome!

imageimage

• Options
    Just this past weekend! It's completely better now, but I will say the drops were horrible to get in her eyes. She fought it hard and would shut her eyes super tight.
           I am convinced that coffee is God's gift to mothers.

BabyFruit Ticker       
    **  DD-5.30.11 ** DS-1.15.13 ** #3 EDD - 9.4.14 ** 

• Options
    My little guy had conjunctivitis when he was 5 days old... it was awful. But we got the gel antibiotic for his eyes, and he didn't fight it. It went away pretty quickly.
  • Options
    Our pedi compares it to the common cold: easily contagious, some minor symptoms, but not dangerous.
  • Options
    The drops were a pain in the @$$ to get in LO's eyes.  He had it 2 weekends ago.  It really was no biggie except DH caught it from LO too
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"