October 2012 Moms
Options

Vaginal Pressure and Lower Back Pain

Hi Ladies! I am so excited to be pregnant with my first baby! However, I am terrified everyday that something is wrong. I am not sure if I am just being a worried first time mom or if I have real cause for concern.

I am 4 to 5 weeks along and have been cramping for the past four or five days. I feel pressure around my butt and vagina. The last two nights I have woken up from sleep with bad cramping in my lower stomach, but then had gas and it went away (so I think that was just gas :)). But, during the day I have lower back pain and feel pressure and discomfort in my pelvis. I haven't had any bleeding or spotting. Are these normal symptoms of early pregnancy or should I call the doctor? My first appointment is in exactly one week! Thanks ladies!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Vaginal Pressure and Lower Back Pain

• Options
    Thanks! I am going to try to focus one something else. It is so hard not to worry! ;)
  • Options
    Anyone else having symptoms like this? or did any mom's have symptoms like this with previous pregnancies and go on to have healthy babies?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had cramping with my first pregnancy and I'm having it again, although I don't remember it being this uncomfortable...but it sounds exactly like what you're describing.  From what I understand it's totally normal.  No spotting is the good thing...spotting doesn't always indicate something bad, but no spotting always indicates good.  :-)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have some pressure in my pelvis area... almost like mild gas pains. Honestly, I learned during my first pregnancy that anything goes. Practically every day I had a strange unwarrented symptom and by the end, I just wrote it off as normal. I wouldn't be too worried about it! Hope you feel better, and congrats!
    Tyler Daniel (4) & Tessa Mary (2)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you so much ladies! I already feel better. This board is so nice to have!
  • Options
    This is my first, too, and I've been experiencing quite a bit of cramping, especially at nighttime when I'm awake and can't sleep.  It happens randomly throughout the day too.  I've been reading up on it a lot and, like everyone has said, it sounds like it is completely normal :)  Try to relax!  Easier said than done, I know!

Follow the October 2012 Moms Blog! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm having similar symptoms and at first I was scared.  My cramping is mostly happening later at night or around bedtime, but it's more like a gas pain than AF cramping.  I have heard that the cramping and fullness in the pelvis is caused by the uterus getting bigger and increase blood flow.  It's reassuring that others can relate...thanks for posting about this!
  • Options

imageTmakes3:
    I have some pressure in my pelvis area... almost like mild gas pains. Honestly, I learned during my first pregnancy that anything goes. Practically every day I had a strange unwarrented symptom and by the end, I just wrote it off as normal. I wouldn't be too worried about it! Hope you feel better, and congrats!

This exactly. 

I have had worse cramps this time around too, but not full-on AF cramping. But by 2nd trimester you'll realize that mild cramping can come out of nowhere from your uterus expanding, etc. Definitely hard to NOT worry about cramping, but if it's not severe and you're not bleeding, *try* not to worry too much about it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"