April 2011 Moms

First birthday party

I can't believe our babies will be one year old in April!!  Crying  I am already thinking of the party and I want to do something beyond the usual gathering, food and gifts.  I was thinking of hiring an entertainer (like a clown?) or having it someplace fun (NOT Chuck E. Cheese - more baby friendly) but I can't think of anything.  Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas?  What are you all doing for your LO's first birthday?

Thanks!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: First birthday party

• I'm having an Elisabeth in Onderland themed party at the house. 
  • Dang, I'm that boring parent that just plans on having my family over for some cake & ice cream.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageITGurl0626:
    Dang, I'm that boring parent that just plans on having my family over for some cake & ice cream.

Me, too.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • The first two b-day parties will be at home w/ family. When she's older and knows what is going on we will have a themed party w/ friends. It also saves us money. DD1 will have her 1st b-day this yr (age 3) and it's costing us $400.
  • My H wants to go all out so we rented a place that does catering and we have about 75 ppl on the list.

I plan on bringing T's foam play mat and some of her toys for the kids to play with. Her theme is also minnie mouse so we are looking into renting a minnie mouse costume and having minnie come to the party. a lot of the kids coming are over the age of one so its more for them than T. 

• Chloe's theme is Minnie Mouse/Disney (I'm already assembling the invites).  We are just having it at home so I'm just decorating the house, calling the food fun Disney names and setting up a few games/crafts for the kids to do.  Most of the kids invited will be between the age of 1 and 3 so I want to make sure we have fun activities for all.

Next year I think I'm going to have it at the little kids gym we have down the street from us so everybody can run around and get energy out.  But for this year I think it would be a waste of money.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We are having family and friends to house for cake and ice cream for their first / second b-day.  Maybe for 3rd b-day we will rent time at a local gymboree or something like that so the kids can play and run around.
    TTC #1 for over 5 years - too many to count IF treatments (tried everything and anything), repeat miscarriages. Finally, Sticky Success!! B/G Twins arrived 2011. VOTE on my Name List Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We are having friends and family over to the house for an afternoon BBQ and cake.  We are just doing an owl theme and decorating our house and patio.  Nothing too flashy.
    Mommy to Violet 4/4/2011 and Linnea 2/10/2013
    Anniversary
  • We are doing a barbecue and will be doing a "cowboy" theme.  But it will be cheap and easy.  Our family is coming from far away so I kind of wanted to make it a big deal.  They won't fly/drive in every year. Just the special ones.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagethepriceisright:
    DS was born on May 4th (I was due April 29th and lurked on the April Momma board my entire pregnancy...I've never gotten around to introducing myself..so hello Smile)...so his birthday is on "Star Wars Day" ("May the 4th be with you..."). Yes, I'm a nerd. So we're doing a Star Wars themed party at home with just a small gathering of friends and family. We'll probably get pizza and have some fun snacks as well. Nothing too big.

Jealous!

Jared wants to play guitar and sing kids' songs :-) This all depends on if the kitchen remodel is done... If not, it might be the first first birthday party to be held at a brew pub. Our brew pub has a family room, kids' playroom, and lots of various rooms with comfy couches, etc., so it's not TOO weird. (I hope.)

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!

• We're doing a Cookie Monster theme and will be doing a Milk and Cookie bar, with an activity for the little kids (make your own Cookie Monster bag puppet...which will in turn be their favor bags in which they get to take cookies home).

Just family and a handful of close friends, and decorations will be flowers and balloons. I am making the food (soups and sandwiches), so I don't actually think we will be spending all that much money.

Stephanie Hsu
  • We're going to do a sweet shoppe theme, but I'm not sure where yet bc our apartment is too small to hold even just family and very close friends.  My first choice is a park in the area, but it might be too hot (yes April in Texas can sometimes be too hot to have a party outside - especially late April).  We'll see...
    075 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We thought about doing a sweet shoppe theme but decided on Mod Monkey instead. I have a friend that designs printables for parties (invitations, banners, cupcake toppers, etc) and she came up with a great design for our supplies that includes both the boy & girl monkeys. I'll do most of our decorations in the pink, blue, green and yellow from the design and slip the monkeys in here and there throughout the party. I'm so not ready for them to be turning one yet. They're growing up too fast.
                                                 Rainbow - Married - 5/31/03
                                               Christian Alexander - 11/13/06
                                        Amelia Rose & Owen Thomas - 3/29/11

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (eGB2)
    Be The Match - and help save a life by signing up for the National Marrow Donor Program.
  • imagethepriceisright:
    DS was born on May 4th (I was due April 29th and lurked on the April Momma board my entire pregnancy...I've never gotten around to introducing myself..so hello Smile)...so his birthday is on "Star Wars Day" ("May the 4th be with you..."). Yes, I'm a nerd. So we're doing a Star Wars themed party at home with just a small gathering of friends and family. We'll probably get pizza and have some fun snacks as well. Nothing too big.

This is AWESOME!!!!

• imagethepriceisright:

That is too cute! Liam was born on April 20th maybe I should plan my party accordingly... my poor son is doomed 

photo 8e32bb2b-42a7-49d2-85df-cab52864175d_zpse525d043.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We are doing a "safari" themed party. There is a state park down the road from us that has these great stone & wood shelters that you can rent with outdoor fireplaces and grills. We are going to reserve on of those and invite a few of our close friends and family. I've been looking online and have found fabulous (and inexpensive!) ideas for decorations and food. I'm planning on having photo invitations made by tinyprints so our parents & other family members can hold on to them as keepsakes.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic     
  • I cannot believe our baby is 1 year old either, and i still don't know wha to do on his birthday. it always good to hear others' suggestion! 

• imagethepriceisright:

Love it! The lady that designed my party supplies (invitations, favor tags, birthday banner & thank you notes) recently did a Star Wars themed party for her son's fifth birthday. Check out SwishDesigns on Etsy and Facebook and tell her Rainbow sent you. She's a WAHM from my local board and she does some really great work. She also gives a 10% discount if you are a fan on Facebook.

Rainbow - Married - 5/31/03
                                               Christian Alexander - 11/13/06
                                        Amelia Rose & Owen Thomas - 3/29/11

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (eGB2)
    Be The Match - and help save a life by signing up for the National Marrow Donor Program.
  • We did our 1st birthday bigger, and also had a quiet family party too, where we did the personal sized birthday cake in front of our daughter, spoon in hand, just to see what she would do.  Caught it all on video and it was priceless...her first little cake. Loved it so much.  We got all of our party supplies at this cool site I had found a couple months before called KidsPartyWorld.com and they had a lot of adorable 1st birthday themes to choose from.  We chose Sesame Street 1st birthday.  Loved it all! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"