Preemies

Did pregnancy change you and DH?

Hey Ladies,

I'm working on a story about how pregnancy changes not only women, but also men. I wanted to come to the boards first and ask you about your personal experiences, so if you feel like sharing, post your stories below or email them to me directly: dpettinelli@theknot.com.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks,

Dara

Re: Did pregnancy change you and DH?

• I think pregnancy changed us as a couple some what.  We were both very excited and involved in everything.  DH came to EVERY drs. appointment with me.  He was jealous when I could feel the baby before he could.  He was even more touchy feely with me than before and seemed to honestly love my belly!  

What changed us more than pregnancy though was birth, the NICU stay, and parenthood itself.  My husband was always grossed out by birth story and shows like that.  However, he shocked birth wanting to watch everything and saying how cool it was.  When Ryan went to the NICU, DH cried more than me (if that is possible) and I saw him more vulnerable than ever before.   I never realized he and I could love someone we had only had with us (on the outside) for a minute so much.  His strength helped me and he leaned on me when he needed to.  We are so much closer after the whole ordeal and know even more about each other.  Parenthood has made me so proud of DH and he says the same about me.  We have changed our priorities.  We rush home from work to be together as a family.  We show affection for each other in different ways like cleaning the dishes for each other, making breakfast, or getting up at night with DS so the other can sleep.  It really has become a total partnership and we seem to fit together even better than before.  I will say we have less time for sex and when we are tired we may snip at each other more than we used to but those times are easily resolved and overall the changes have been for the better.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"