Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

How do you feed your baby?

Purees, finger food, etc??

Since my daughter just discovered how to eat finger foods (i.e., puffs) this past weekend, I'm wondering this is how she should eat certain foods (she is 9.5 months).  Until now, I puree all her food and spoon feed it to her.  Do you guys still do this or do you give your baby the same amount of food but just cut it up into tiny pieces and they feed themselves?
Thank you!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How do you feed your baby?

• Options
    I'm pretty lax, but here's what I do.  When I'm at work she gets two containers of purees and some bottles.  Sometimes some easy finger food, depending on what my aunt is eating (my aunt watches her).  After work she'll get a bottle or two and then whatever we're eating, in small chunks. She doesn't fill up on that, so I then give her some purees until she's full. 
  • Options
    I spoon feed purees.  DD gets several finger foods a day and they are cut into small pieces to feed herself and practice her fine motor skills.  I let her use her hands to eat mashed potatoes, spaghetti and mac & cheese. Yes, this is messy but again she is using her motor skills.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagekcarbonell:
    I spoon feed purees.  DD gets several finger foods a day and they are cut into small pieces to feed herself and practice her fine motor skills.  I let her use her hands to eat mashed potatoes, spaghetti and mac & cheese. Yes, this is messy but again she is using her motor skills.

This.   

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFetus Ticker

imageimage

• Options
    I feed only finger foods now.  DS doesn't want them.  Now that he has mastered feeding himself that is what he wants to do.  At daycare he eats whatever the other kids eat and at home he eats what we eat.  I might change it up a little and not put a lot of seasoning on his (like for tacos) but he eats anything!
  • Options
    The only purees DS gets are ones occasionally stirred into oatmeal in the morning. He eats off a spoon on his own now, though oatmeal is really the only thing he eats with a spoon. Everything else is all finger foods that he does himself.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Chloe hardly ever eats purees anymore, she fancies herself a big girl who only eats big girl food.  I use purees to spread on toast and things (I've made cookies using purees and baby cereal) so she can feed them to herself.

Most of the things she get's aren't cut into small pieces, only meats and really tough to chew foods are.  One of her favorites is orange slices and grilled cheese sandwiches (I usually cut it in 4 strips).

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"