Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

How many crib sheets?

After having our baby showers, we've ended up with seven crib sheets. That seems like a lot to me, but I don't really know how many we'll need. Should I return a couple of them, or do I need seven crib sheets?
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How many crib sheets?

• Options
    I would return them. I have 5 total and two of them have never been used. I would say 3. one on the bed, one in the wash and a back-up!
  • Options

I'd keep them. 

We double-sheet Bean's crib.  When he's gotten sick, it's been very helpful to only have to strip, and not re-sheet his bed.  We have two cute sheets and four of the plain sheets.  Even when he has been vomiting with watery diarreah (sp?) all night, we never ran out of bedding for him.  He had to sleep on the sheet straight on the mattress eventually, but he still had a sheet.

The layers are like this: 

Cute crib sheet

------

Waterproof mattress cover

------

white crib sheet 

------ 

waterproof mattress cover

------

mattress. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagesarahbeth827:
    I would return them. I have 5 total and two of them have never been used. I would say 3. one on the bed, one in the wash and a back-up!

This  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have 4 and 2 mattresses and that is plenty.
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Will you have any cribs at grandma's house, etc. that you can keep extras for? If not, I'd say keep 2 to 3. I would keep 3 personally - 1 on the crib, 1 in the wash, 1 in the drawer.

• Options
    I'd keep 3. Both my boys spit up a lot and 3 worked for us.
  • Options
    We have 4 but I have only used 2.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have 5 because they're all in different colors/patterns and I like to mix it up; but 3 or 4 is more than enough

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    we have 5 and one is still in the package.  But when she went to day care at about 6 months, one sheet went with her (and she still uses it at day care on her cot).  So we rotated 3 at home, one at school.  I would keep 4, looking to the future.
    Picture3-3.jpg

Our Twin Baby + a Big Girl Blog

And with the delivery trifecra of one twin vaginal, one c-section with general anesthesia for twin B, Spencer and Sidney joined us at 35 weeks exactly on June 18.

• Options
    I have 2.  And have never felt the need for more.
    Nothing is more discouraging than unappreciated sarcasm. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Options
    I have 4 for DS's crib, but I really would only need 3, so I had 3 made for this baby's crib.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We have 4 but have only ever used 2. I think 2 is plenty - but maybe go with 3 if you're unsure. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We've had 7 sheets since before DD was born - we've never used more than 3 without washing.  I wish we'd returned the rest.
  • Options
    imageablou:

I'd keep them. 

We double-sheet Bean's crib.  When he's gotten sick, it's been very helpful to only have to strip, and not re-sheet his bed.  We have two cute sheets and four of the plain sheets.  Even when he has been vomiting with watery diarreah (sp?) all night, we never ran out of bedding for him.  He had to sleep on the sheet straight on the mattress eventually, but he still had a sheet.

Cute crib sheet

------

------

white crib sheet 

------ 

------

mattress. 

Now this is pure brilliance!  I'm so going to do this.  Any more genius ideas to share with us FTMs??

• Options
    i layer as well, but even still, i'd say 3-4 tops. i have 4 and one we've never used so far. also, you'll want 3 changing pad covers!
  • Options

imageThat.Just.Happened:
    I have 2.  And have never felt the need for more.

Ditto this. I have to say I can't see how layering would make night changes easier, because our mattress fits so tightly that there's no way I could just strip a sheet off. I have to take the whole damn thing out to re-sheet it. And it is already waterproof, so I also don't see the need for waterproof mattress pads. I guess some mattresses are not waterproof? Meh!

Anywho, 7 is way overkill. Return at least 4, IMO. 

And TJH, I effing love your daughter's name and I might steal it if we ever have another DD. We already planned to use Jane as a mn and I was playing with pairing it with an E name; Eva, Ella, and Elsa were on the list. Everett is totally adorable. :) 

imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    we have 5, I think 4-5 is good...not too much and not too little.
    Natalia
    Konstantino
    Maximo
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST https://pinterest.com/raffaella1030/
  • Options

imageLara0802:
    i layer as well, but even still, i'd say 3-4 tops. i have 4 and one we've never used so far. also, you'll want 3 changing pad covers!

Absolutely.   

• Options
    Thats too many. I think 3 to 5 is really good. Return the rest and get something else for bedding.
  • Options
    I only have one "cute" crib sheet and then layer 2 Ultimate Crib Sheets on top for midnight changes. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We had 3 and I thought that was perfect.

Mother of  Sable Rene' & Clifton Michael
    Blog    Names
  • Options
    imageablou:

I'd keep them. 

Cute crib sheet

------

------

white crib sheet 

------ 

------

mattress. 

We did the same thing.  I'd hold on to them.  

Keep in mind that if you get a toddler bed that uses the crib mattress down the line, you'll be using those same size sheets for 2-3 years before you move LO to a "big kid bed" (twin, full, etc).

BabyFetus Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"