Breastfeeding
Options

Thrush is making me want to stop BFing.

Okay here's the deal: I've had thrush for almost 3 weeks now and the nystatin cream, gentian violet and vinegar concoctions haven't done anything. I don't have insurance so it isn't financially easy for me to go to a doctor and/or get a prescription for anything else right now.

The thrush is no doubt in my milk ducts, not just my nipples, which I know is why it won't go away with just the cream and vinegar, etc.

For anyone with experience in this nightmare, what can I do? Like I said I don't have insurance so I can't afford to see a doctor AND the clinic here doesn't "do" these types of things, which is so unbelievably annoying.

I can't go on with this, ya know? My boobs hurt so bad, my nipples burn...

:*(
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Thrush is making me want to stop BFing.

• Options
    I know thrush sucks, I had it with DD1. I know it's tempting to stop bf'ing because of it, but even if you stop bf'ing, you'll still have to deal with the thrush. It sounds like you need Diflucan to kill the yeast. I'm not sure what your options are, but that's probably what it's going to take to get rid of it. Also, make sure you boil LO's paci's and bottle nipples every day and wash your bras with hot water and vinegar. It's also best to treat LO with liquid nystatin too even if he's asymptomatic so you're not passing it back and forth.
    someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • Options
    I battled trash for months with my oldest and tried every thing but it eventually went away. I treated me and ds but it was so stubborn. Try lotrimin over the counter, washing your bras in hot water and letting them sun dry, air out your nipples, and add a probiotic to your diet and lo's if possible. Don't give up On nursing!!! I know thrush is miserable but it will eventually go away.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageKatieh6:
    I battled trash for months with my oldest and tried every thing but it eventually went away. I treated me and ds but it was so stubborn. Try lotrimin over the counter, washing your bras in hot water and letting them sun dry, air out your nipples, and add a probiotic to your diet and lo's if possible. Don't give up On nursing!!! I know thrush is miserable but it will eventually go away.

i know i'm not going to stop nursing but when it hurts this much all i can think is "i'm done. i can't do this anymore." ya know? but i know i'm not going to. i just figure for a hot minute that if i'm not nursing i can't GET thrush.

lo's is almost gone. we've been giving him liquid nystatin. i've tried every home remedy possible, i air out my nipples, boil bras and wash them in vinegar, etc. nothing works! :(

• Options

OH MAN! I battled it with all of my kids! BLEH!

Not to question, but are you doing ALL the treatments for the Thrush? Like, HARDCORE, for 3 weeks or so? With THrush you have to be insane crazy and wash everything, and boil everything and treat everything for at least 7 days past the last symptoms or it just keeps liiiiiiiiiiiiiingeriiiiiiiiiiiiing : (

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"