Multiples
Options

Traveling & sleeping in PNP Q?

This is a stupid question..but we are going out of town for one night this weekend. We will be staying with my sister in law, and they have a crib not being used, so we were thinking one baby in the crib, and one could go in the PNP.

The bottom of the PNP seems kind of hard, it only has that tiny cushion at the top of it, but I'm too paranoid to wrap a blanket around it, I could see it coming loose and being a suffocation risk.

This is an ok sleeping arrangement right? I told you it was a stupid question! TIA

Spontaneous ID Twin Girls - born 38w 2d Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Traveling & sleeping in PNP Q?

• Options

I think your LOs will be fine for one night in the PNP.

We use a sheet made specifically for the PnP...but that isn't to provide cushioning, just to protect the mat. We do put blankets underneath the PNP because I noticed that it can get cold since it is open underneath. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    One of my boys slept in a pnp for a year when I separated them.   I ended up putting a thin pillow and a towel underneath the pnp foam, although this was probably more to make me feel better than for his comfort. 
    IVF #3 10/09 BFP! 12dp3dt Beta #1 = 319 14dp3dt Beta #2 = 565 21dp3dt Beta #3 = 10,475! u/s showed twins!! IVF 12/12 BFP! image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

They make extra pads/mattresses that you can buy specifically for the PNP. I actually think they are for port-a-cribs, but they fit perfectly in the PNP. I use these in mine, on top of the original PNP mattress, and then put the extra PNP thick sheet over it. It makes it a lot more comfortable. My kids use the PNP on trips for a few years, so I feel it's worth it. Plus, you don't have to worry about a blanket, etc. bunching up under the sheet.

Babies R Us sells them, and I'm sure Target, etc. does too. Look up porta crib pad. I think they run about $20-$30. I did have to take one back one time because it was too short, but the other ones fit perfect. I would just measure your PNP first.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Our kids sleep in pack & plays all the time at grandparents houses with just a sheet over the standard pad on the bottom. No extra cushioning, and they sleep just fine.
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

We have a quilted pack and play sheet that's thicker but fitted. I've also put a baby quilt down under a fitted sheet to make it softer.

We actually use two PeaPod Plus tents now when we travel. So much easier than a pack and play! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"