August 2012 Moms
Options

DH told the in-laws.

All they could do was whine about how he's the only one working.  For the record, I was hired recently, but they are waiting to get more new hires together before starting a training class.  Both families have been so freaking negative about this!!!  At least FB was full of congrats and happiness.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: DH told the in-laws.

• Options
    that sucks. keep ur head up. as long as u and him are happy thats all that matters :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have a feeling that my reactions are going to be the same as well. DH and I are both still in school.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

That's going to be the reaction from both of our families, I'm afraid. It doesn't matter that I finished grad school--according to everyone, since I have a master's degree employers are lining up at my door to hire me so since I don't have a job I'm just refusing them. DH is working part time while in grad school, but apparently he should be able to "manage a restaurant or something because he has a college degree already" and "he doesn't need more education, he needs to work." 

I'll also likely be compared to my dad's grandkids (I'm 26, one is almost 27 and the rest are 15-22, LONG story) who are in college and working typical college jobs while making their underage drinking very clear on Facebook. So, the reaction I'm expecting from some people is more along the lines of a teen pregnancy, not a 26 year old who has been with her partner for almost a decade.

Unfortunately our baby isn't the first grandchild anywhere, and my stepmom even told me that she doesn't see me as my dad's kid but rather his grandchild because that's how old I am. DH has two brothers who are 15 and 17 years older than he is, and their kids range form almost 5 to almost 16. I feel like our baby will be special to only us, and it might be good that we live so far from everyone, because I'm not too confident that anyone will want anything to do with us.

Our Squishy - 8/21/12
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    blog! thescenery.net
  • Options

I got a lot of negative from DH's side of the family because I had to stop working as much once I got pregnant. Being a firefighter and running into burning houses doesn't exactly call for a safe position for me right now.  But I am doing office work for the dept from home. But apparently this makes for me being a slacker... ya...

So sorry you are going thru this.

~Those who do not believe in love at first sight have obviously never given birth~ <a href="http://s1082.photobucket.com/albums/j380/Caitlyn_Blake/?action=view
  • Options
    We got a lot of negativity from DH's family as well.  We're young and I'm planning on going back to school next year.  We got pg on purpose while I have great insurance and an amazing maternity leave.  We have our plan and goal for the next few years and, even though it'll be difficult, we'll get through it.  We've already worked out childcare for when I go to school and H will be making enough to support us.  Screw their negativity.  I'm happy, that's all that matters.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"