Infertility
Options

Vent

So I have been to my pharmacy at least 3 times this past week and EVERY SINGLE TIME they say "uhhhh we have a note in your file that you are pregnant and we are concerned about you taking these medicines..."

What I said: "Nope, still not pregnant, but still working on it"

What I wanted to say: "How could I have gotten pregnant in the last 2 days since I was here last? NO I am not pg and thank you for bringing up such a painful subject, while your at it, why don't you just give me a nice paper-cut and pour some lemon juice in it!"

OK vent over! 

How are my lovely ladies doing tonight?

imageimage

Dx: DH - Azoo, Me - Mild PCOS
DH - sperm found! Seems to produce only for a few days every 70 days!
Over 1 million in cryo in 15 vials over 6 samples
IVF #1 - 1 beautiful expanded blast transferred, 4 snowbabies - beta #1 11/30/11 = BFFN
FET #1, transfered 2 embies 2/16/12 = BFFN; 1 snowbaby left in cryo
IVF #2 + CGH = 4 genetically normal embies on ice. FET September 26th
SAIF/PAIF always welcome

a special GL and prayers to my IF sister Gregermis

check out my blog!

Re: Vent

• Options

Ugh! Sorry you have to go through that!

I am just watching the bachelor tonight. What are you doing? 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Ughh, vent away!  That's super obnoxious.  Have you asked them to update their freaking "notes?"  

I had an annoying moment myself last week when I was at the ob/gyn for my annual exam.  The nurse asked when my LMP was.  I told her in October.  She said, "You haven't bled since then?"  And I told her that I started to bleed from a miscarriage on December 6.  So she said, ok, your LMP was December 6, then.  Really?  Call my m/c a period?  Screw you!  Seriously!     

Tonight is a good night.  Getting some rest with my sweet dog.  Already looking forward to the weekend.  Hope you're feeling better from your pharmacy run-in.   

Baby girl Lila born 2013.
    Baby boy Henry born 2015.
    Expecting our capstone baby (boy) early March 2018.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

So, it's the same people? I mean, I know they see a lot of customers, but surely they don't completely forget someone they saw in the same week!

That's even worse than the casual acquaintances who ask if you have any kids, forget they asked, and then ask again. Then when you say no, they either want to know why you don't have them, when you will have them, or say something stupid like, well you're still young. 

My primary care physician's nurse is pregnant, and she was, of course, joyfully inquisitive. I told her we couldn't have children without IVF. She said, oh you've only been married 4 years, it will probably just happen. Ugh, lady, I'm glad it "just happened" for you, but I think I would know. Okay, I didn't say that to her, but I wanted to.

Hmm, I'm sorry I think your rant prompted a rant in me! haha

• Options
    imagelynn0926:

Ugh! Sorry you have to go through that!

I am just watching the bachelor tonight. What are you doing? 

Probably just knitting and maybe watch a movie with DH! I like nights like that though!

imageimage

IVF #1 - 1 beautiful expanded blast transferred, 4 snowbabies - beta #1 11/30/11 = BFFN
    SAIF/PAIF always welcome

check out my blog!

• Options
    imageAmCheri:

Ughh, vent away!  That's super obnoxious.  Have you asked them to update their freaking "notes?"  

I had an annoying moment myself last week when I was at the ob/gyn for my annual exam.  The nurse asked when my LMP was.  I told her in October.  She said, "You haven't bled since then?"  And I told her that I started to bleed from a miscarriage on December 6.  So she said, ok, your LMP was December 6, then.  Really?  Call my m/c a period?  Screw you!  Seriously!     

Tonight is a good night.  Getting some rest with my sweet dog.  Already looking forward to the weekend.  Hope you're feeling better from your pharmacy run-in.   

m/c =/= LMP!!!!!!!!!! Geez, some people! That is utterly absurd and ridiculous!! 

You should look at the pic I posted in your endo post. It makes me giggle!

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF always welcome

check out my blog!

• Options
    imagestorm_of_midnight:

So, it's the same people? I mean, I know they see a lot of customers, but surely they don't completely forget someone they saw in the same week!

That's even worse than the casual acquaintances who ask if you have any kids, forget they asked, and then ask again. Then when you say no, they either want to know why you don't have them, when you will have them, or say something stupid like, well you're still young. 

My primary care physician's nurse is pregnant, and she was, of course, joyfully inquisitive. I told her we couldn't have children without IVF. She said, oh you've only been married 4 years, it will probably just happen. Ugh, lady, I'm glad it "just happened" for you, but I think I would know. Okay, I didn't say that to her, but I wanted to.

Yup...same people. I have gone online to take that warning off so many times, and they just keep putting it back on. I think it is the prenatal vitamins. They think anyone taking prenatals have to be pg, even though I have been taking them for over 2 years now!!

Your nurse is a dingbat!

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF always welcome

check out my blog!

• Options
    imagechiwifey:

That sucks, Scuba! I would definitely need to vent about that. Seriously the last thing you should have to deal with when picking up IF meds. 

I'm waiting on the RHOBH reunion show!!! Can't wait! 

That sounds like fun! I get to watch some mind-numbing TV also, and knit!

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF always welcome

check out my blog!

• Options
    imageNMscubagirl:
    imagestorm_of_midnight:

Yup...same people. I have gone online to take that warning off so many times, and they just keep putting it back on. I think it is the prenatal vitamins. They think anyone taking prenatals have to be pg, even though I have been taking them for over 2 years now!!

Your nurse is a dingbat!

Haha. Yeah, the world is full of dingbats, and it seems your pharmacy techs are included in that! It's funny how all of this really changes your perspective on things. 

• Options

I hear you! A couple of weeks ago I was at the pharmacy getting antibiotics. The pharmacist pulled me aside to warn me that the antibiotic might make my birth control pill fail and *gasp* get pregnant. I wanted to be like- yeah, I could be on antibiotics for the rest of my life and never get pregnant, but thanks for the advice. ;)

DH: Severe MFI/Azoo Me: Compound heterozygous MTHFR
    IVF #1= m/c- methotrexate @6w2d
    FET #1= BFN
    IVF #2= m/c- D&C @8w5d
    IVF #3= Beta #1 9dp5dt= 252, Beta #2 11dp5dt= 417, Beta #3 17dp5dt= 4,952
    US #2 @ 7w2d= twins, baby B measuring behind
    US #3 @ 8w5d= Baby A doing well, no HR in baby B
    *S/PAIF always welcome* BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    imageLaLe09:

I hear you! A couple of weeks ago I was at the pharmacy getting antibiotics. The pharmacist pulled me aside to warn me that the antibiotic might make my birth control pill fail and *gasp* get pregnant. I wanted to be like- yeah, I could be on antibiotics for the rest of my life and never get pregnant, but thanks for the advice. ;)

LOL!!! That is too funny! Oh so thats all it takes? Thanks man, now I know how to get KTFU! The worst part is it really is that easy for some. Sigh

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF always welcome

check out my blog!

• Options
    how annoying. *hugs* I might start crying if a pharmacist told me that today!
    Nestie Bio | ILL-INI!! | Felica Fibro - a fibromyalgia site
                 imageimageimageimage
  • Options

imagegakester8:
    how annoying. *hugs* I might start crying if a pharmacist told me that today!

*hugs* to you too!

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF always welcome

check out my blog!

• Options

ACK! How annoying!! 

My Food Blog - Dinner Delish
    TTC since Oct '09
    Missed miscarriage 3/24/10 @ 16 wks, Partial Molar Pregnancy
    Began our IF journey in May '11
    Asherman's Diagnosis (cervical & uterine scarring) - Surgery 8/17/11
    IUIs #1-#5 & 1 canceled IUI, IVF #1, 2 FETs - all BFN
    IVF# 2 December '12, BFP 1/13! EDD 9/21 
    Complete Previa and Short Cervix. C-section scheduled for 9/3
    Delivered 8/5 @ 33 weeks, 4lbs, 6oz. 
    4-week NICU stay, home 9/3
  • Options
    So annoying. I'm sorry you have to deal with that!!
    ::: Married June 2003:::
    TTC #1 since: Aug. 2008
    Me: 34, DOR, MTHFR-A1298C (heterozygous), decreased blood flow to uterus, Mild Endo
    DH: 38, Balanced translocation 5&10, unexplained MFI, normal SA and SCSA
    Tx History: IUI 1&2= BFN
    IVF# 1 W/ICSI= BFN
    IVF# 2: cancelled d/t no response
    IVF# 3= 1 egg retrieved=immature/not viable
    IVF# 4= c/p
    ***CCRM ODWU***
    Found DHs BT and Me-decreased blood flow to uterus
    Recommended DE IVF w/PGD, incorporate electro-acupuncture. Decided to cycle locally
    ***New RE***
    DE IVF# 1(cycle #6) w/pgd, (freeze all): 30R, 23M, 15F, slow/poor embryo development, 4 biopsied, 1 Normal "Norm"; DE IVF w/PGD, incorporate electro-acupuncture. 
    IVF# 6: (OE/DS) cancelled
    IVF# 7: (OE/DS) 1R, 1M, 1F, arrested day 5
    Plan-DE IVF# 2 (cycle #8): DE/DS in May 2015

http://icanhazbabyz.blogspot.com/
    imageimage image 
  • Options
    LauraBeth - I am so happy you got my princess bride reference!! I was starting to feel silly for putting it in there!!
    imageimage

SAIF/PAIF always welcome

check out my blog!

• Options
    {{HUGS}} can you tell them to remove that note? So they won't say that to you again.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"