Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

solids question

Hi everyone,

I'm moving up from the 3 - 6 month board.  We just had our 6 month appointment and the doctor mentioned that by 9 months he could be eating table food.  So far he has tried all of the first foods from earths best.  We just went out and bought some of  the second foods but it seems like there is a huge variety now.  She said that we should introduce a new food each week, but I noticed that most of the jars are mixes.  Do I work my way through all of the fruit / veg mixes then start meat mixes?  Is it ok to give a jar that contains two fruits or veggies that he hasn't had yet?  Also, any nine monthers out there eating table food? 

Sorry so long.  The doctor wasn't very clear.  We felt like she acted like we already know this stuff.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: solids question

• Options
    I think the only rule is to offer only one new food at a time, so only mixes that contain other ingredients he has already had.  Other than that, give him anything you want.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We had the same exact problem at our 6 month visit- our doctor acted like we should know this stuff too! So we just kind of winged it, and this is what we did: We bought the stage 2 foods, and then just gave each mix for 3-4 days to make sure she was okay with it. We started with the more basic mixes first,like if she had already eaten sweet potato, we did turkey and sweet potato.  Now she has had almost all the stage 2 food mixes, because once we knew all the foods in the mixes were okay, there was no point in not letting her eat them.

As for table food, I was wondering the same thing. I had read that they can start eating simple, small stuff around 7-8 months, but I will need some more info before I give table foods. Hopefully some other moms have advice for us in that department :) 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I literally just had an hour long phone conversation with my mom about this today!!! My daughter is 8 months and we're still in stage 1!!
  • Options
    if you're doing the meat pouches be careful they are super thick and have small chunks in them and the texture can throw them off, my LO hates them but will eat chicken, beans etc from my finger
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    Thanks swimiz.  That helps a bit!  I think I'm going to start using a few Gerber organic as well.  That seem to have more options for single foods in stage 2. 
  • Options
    I have slowly started introducing small finger foods. She has had small pieces of banana and avocado and shredded cheese as well as puffs and Mum Mums. So far she has tolerated it pretty well. She gags sometimes and I have smacked her on the back twice, but both times I think I was over reacting and she was just gagging. She LOVES to eat puffs. That girl would eat nothing but puffs if she could! I am hoping that by slowly introducing some finger foods that she will be able to transition to table foods at some point.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"