Attachment Parenting
Options

Want to help me pick a woven? Vat vs Gira?

Ok, I am ready to get a woven.  Actually I am beyond ready, I just cannot make up my mind.  I think I am leaning towards a Girasol or a Vatanai.  Any input out there?

I am intrigued mby the thinness of the Vat and the ease of use.  But the Girasols are just so pretty! 

Right now we use the moby and the RS.  I love to wear DS around the house and out for errands.  Also he like to nap in the moby when we are away from home.  (So I want something that can still be snuggly) Also, he loves to "hide" in the Moby when feeling overwhelmed.  (Like if we are out somewhere and its loud or people are in his face, he gets overwhelmed very easy. The Moby has become his "safe place")

I don't want something too hot, as I hope to wear him this summer.  And anyone know if either of these carries are "popable"?  I like being able to pre-tie the moby and pop in in and out as need be.  

DS is 6.5 month, 15 1/2 Lbs.  And I am very petite.  But think I am leaning towards a size 6 so I can learn to do all the carries.  

And one last question.  Where should I buy from?  I see it is hit or miss with what stores have in stock.  I have been perusing FSOT on TBW, but I am very overwhelmed by it. 

Thanks so much! 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Want to help me pick a woven? Vat vs Gira?

• Options

Vat for sure.  I find Giras too blankety for me and certainly not my reach-for wrap in the summer.

Specifically, I would go for a Vat stripes... more specifically-- Kipawa.  I use to have one and I loved it.  I sold it on TBW FSOT, if you can find one there, I would go for it.  

Fortunate to be a SAHM to my 3 musketeers (5/2006, 5/2010 & 12/2011). Soy & dairy free for the 3rd and final time. Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Options

I'm not familiar with either of the two brands you mentioned, but I can give you a bit of insight on wovens in general. I actually found a Didymos wrap at a consignment store for $15, it was buried in the bottom of a bin full of Baby Bjorns. Score! 

The biggest piece of advice I can give you is to make sure it's long enough. If you measure one size, get the next one up to leave room to grow because the woven wraps aren't anywhere near as forgiving as the Moby wrap. On the other hand, that's kind of nice once you get it tied correctly because for me at least, the Moby tends to stretch out after a while and I need to re-tie to tighten it.

Also, the woven wraps are a million times better in the heat than the Moby, which is a huge plus for me living in Florida. 

HTH! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageBride2b2004:

Vat for sure.  I find Giras too blankety for me and certainly not my reach-for wrap in the summer.

Specifically, I would go for a Vat stripes... more specifically-- Kipawa.  I use to have one and I loved it.  I sold it on TBW FSOT, if you can find one there, I would go for it.  

There is a Vat Kipawa on TBW for $125 right now. I was thinking about scooping it up myself but I can't decide either! 

I have been obsessed the last few days with finding and buying my first woven. I am having a hard time trying to decide also. I have heard that the Vat is really good for beginners though.

Here is a link to the listing on the babywearer: https://www.thebabywearer.com/forum/showthread.php?475774-kipawa-jim-salvia 

And here is a link to a great blog on wraps: https://www.becomingmamas.com/babywearing/wraps/

Good luck choosing one! 

• Options

Thanks so much Mamas!  

imageMandJS:

I have and love both. I LOVED my vat for when S was smaller. And I still find it supportive. But I LOVE LOVE LOVE the colors in my gira. (I'm no help, I know.)

AH you are no help! Stick out tongue I think maybe I need to find some some stuff to sell so I can justify two wraps now.  

Ok so now I am on the hunt for a Vat Kipawa.  I can't believe how fast that one TBW went!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I am in the process of purchasing my first wrap too, but I'm thinking about slingifying half and making a shorty with the other half.  I too love girasol and I decided that I would be more likely to use it if I liked the look of it.  There's co-op on facebook right now from slingomama that has some pretty good deals.  Only downside is that the time it takes to ship.  It's supposed to take a month from order to delivery.  I ordered a girasol amitola for $85 so it might be worth the wait.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"