TTC after 35

I have to laugh

So I announced at the beginning of the month that I was turning 35 and starting TTC this month. Things were going really well... lots of sex, good CM and a +OPK, then a freakin' high fever that blew all my temping to smithereens. Turns out I have a kidney infection, the result of a UTI. I went to to the doc on Mon and the doc just nodded and smiled then put me on anti-biotics. I'm good about peeing and cleaning up after sex, and drinking lots of water, but I'm apparently not being fast enough or diligent enough. Oh well, it'll either be a memorable first month TTC or any embryo I'd be lucky enough to have in me will be reeaaaaally warm blooded.

Okay, done with my vent.

Re: I have to laugh

• Holy crap - I had the same exact thing happen to me 2 yrs ago. ?I had not had a UTI ever, and suddenly a little UTI turned into a raging kidney infection overnight!!! ?The Dr's all tell me my ectopic had nothing to do with the kedney infection (I learned of the ectopic just after I stopped antibiotics)-- but I actually have always felt it may have caused it due to all the irritation there was in that region of my body. ?Do yourself a favor and just give yourself LOTS of time to heal before you make a real "go" at TTC. ?My two cents, but I will always feel that if we'd waited another month, I might not have had that experience. ?Dunno, though.

?

Get well!!!?

?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had a UTI [out of town at a client site, I became their patient that day] the week I O'd during my BFP cycle! I say UTIs are lucky! ;-)

Katie, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Zach, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Photo courtesy from the amazing Ever You Photography!

• Loading the player...
  • I'm with ya Katie. I'm totally done with the sex for this cycle. My right side and hoohaa hurt just thinking about it. But per Mrs. G's experience, how awesome would it be if they were lucky?!?!
  • I bet waiting 20-30 minutes on your back after sex doesn't help with UTIs, maybe you have to get up sooner to pee. Try drinking cranberry juice, that helps keep UTIs at bay.
    Me: 44 DH: 42. DS born healthy at 40 weeks 8/24/09. TTC since then with no luck or ART. Surprise BFP 8/6/14... MMC @ 8 weeks 4 days... Miss you everyday sweet baby angel.
  • I get up within 5 minutes as I'm neither stupid nor believe in old wives tales, and I drink cranberry juice everyday. Can't do much else besides get up as soon as we're done. Romantic Sad
  • And sorry about that last post being really snarky. Didn't mean it to sound so harsh. Ug.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"