Preemies

I shouldn't worry.....right?

We had Annie's one year appt today....YAY!  The pedi is happy with her development - she is on the verge of walking(!), babbling away, and eating appropriately.  However she is tipping the scales at 14lbs 8oz.  She IS following her own curve, but I can't help but worry.  She hasn't really had any catch up growth.  The pedi thinks she is doing great.....but.....I need a dose of reality. 

Just for giggles - here she is at her one week bday in the NICU and with the same cupcake on Friday:

image image

Re: I shouldn't worry.....right?

• Oh my gosh! That is remarkable! No, I wouldn't worry if your pedi isn't - if you've been going to the same dr the whole time they should have a strong sense for LO at this point. Happy one year! :)
  • OMG - that cupcake is GENIUS!!!  Love it, love it, love it!!

Happy birthday to your girl.  If your doctor is happy with her weight gain, then I would do my best not to worry.  Enjoy every one of those milestones!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Love the pic! I think you need to leave this one to your pedi, unless you have some other reason not to trust them. Is it in her genes to be petite? My guy seems like a giant, but my husband is 6'4" and really muscular and I was always 50th%ile or more for weight.
    BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
    BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"