D.C. Area Babies
Options

The Amazon mom changes have totally messed me up...

I really miss my 2-day Amazon mom diapers. I know they changed the 2-day rule a while back but I am still in denial about it. 

I usually try to keep a large stock of diapers at all times. However, since DD#1 has been potty trained, I haven't stocked up on her diapers because I wasn't sure what the situation was with her. She still wears diapers at night and occasionally we put her in pull-ups when we are going out. So, I haven't been keeping track.

Well, last week, we ran out of DD#1's size 4 diapers. I was going to try to get DH to go to Costco to buy more now that Amazon doesn't give a good discount. But he was sick and couldn't go so I ended up ordering them off Amazon. So, for the past week, I was letting DD#1 wear DD#2's size 4 overnight diapers. Well, now I am running low on DD#2's size 4 overnight diapers. As it is, DD#2 floods the overnight diapers so I can't put her in her regular size 3 diapers at night. So, now I am short on overnight diapers. Meanwhile, I am still waiting for DD#1's regular size 4 diapers to get here.

Yesterday, I had the bright idea of putting DD#1 in a pull-up for her nap so I could save some of the overnight diapers. Many times she wakes up from a nap dry so I thought this was no big deal. Well, yesterday happened to be the day that (1) she wanted to nap in her big girl bed and (2) she had diarrhea during nap time. So, I go into her room after her nap and DD says "I poo poo'd on the bed". Come to find out, she had diarrhea that came out of the back of her pull-up and got on the Pottery Barn quilt. Lovely.

This also brought to my attention that I'm also low on pull-ups.

With all of that being said, I REALLY need to go to Target today to get the overnight diapers because I think we just used the last one and if those size 4 diapers don't come in today from Amazon, I'm going to have nothing for DD#1 to wear tonight. But, I have a meetings from 11:30-2pm so I can't go out like I normally could on my lunch break. And I'm responsible for DC pick-up so I have to leave here right at 5pm and head straight home.

Needless to say, I miss being able to order diapers online with free 2-day shipping. Please start the violins.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: The Amazon mom changes have totally messed me up...

• Options
     I hope your LOs quilt gets clean.  How frustrating.  Oh I feel for you.  DS's order arrives today from Amazon, I placed it over a week ago and we were scraping the bottom of the barrel on diaper options by last night.  In fact, I took the ones DD had absconded with for her dolls back so DS could wear them.  If this package is delayed, he will be wearing pink Dora pull-ups.  (That was my last subscribe and save order - Costco and I are about to become good friends again.  Luckily DH works next door).     
  • Options
    I hear you, sister. We're doing diaper derby at our house too trying to figure out who's got the best deal and who can get it there the fastest.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Target has a deal this week on Pampers and Huggies - buy 2 boxes and get a $15 GC. There was also a coupon for Pampers in this week's paper. I plan to head over there one day this week.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

imageWinesNotWhines:
    Target has a deal this week on Pampers and Huggies - buy 2 boxes and get a $15 GC. There was also a coupon for Pampers in this week's paper. I plan to head over there one day this week.

Oh, awesome! I'm hoping to go to Target tomorrow on my lunch break so this is good to know. 

• Options

imageHey Jellisy:
     I hope your LOs quilt gets clean.  How frustrating.  Oh I feel for you.  DS's order arrives today from Amazon, I placed it over a week ago and we were scraping the bottom of the barrel on diaper options by last night.  In fact, I took the ones DD had absconded with for her dolls back so DS could wear them.  If this package is delayed, he will be wearing pink Dora pull-ups.  (That was my last subscribe and save order - Costco and I are about to become good friends again.  Luckily DH works next door).     

LOL. I know, I was looking in the trunk of my car where I keep extra diapers to see if I could find any there. That's so nice that your DH works near Costco. I did a price check at Costco for Huggies Size 3 and at Costco, I think they were 20c/diaper whereas at Amazon, they are 24c/diaper (after the 5% subscribe and save). So, Costco is now the better option. Now I've got to get better at my "diaper management" since it takes more forethought to get them at Costco.

• Options
    Pre-Amazon Mom I really like the Kirkland brand diapers.  I am pretty confident Huggies makes them for Costco.  I did a side by side and they are the same as their premium ones.  Material, fit, etc. 
  • Options

imageWinesNotWhines:

If you are buying the big boxes, there is a Target store coupon for Huggies that you can stack with other coupons for $5 off a box of 92 or more.  You can have to click the Bodega link at the top to get to it.

• Options
    We are stuck with Amazon because Costco doesn't sell the type of diapers we settled on - of course!  I can't put DD in any of the non-sensitive brands.  Pampers don't fit her, so Huggies Natural Care it is.  The only other place I've seen them is Target - and they're pricey there. 
  • Options
    imageHey Jellisy:

imageWinesNotWhines:

If you are buying the big boxes, there is a Target store coupon for Huggies that you can stack with other coupons for $5 off a box of 92 or more.  You can have to click the Bodega link at the top to get to it.

Thank you! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"