Snarky and T-TTC

Why don't people listen?

This co-worker I have is annoying the piss out of me.  She's the CEO's assistant, so I have to be nice.  I've told her 3 times this morning that if she undocks her laptop, turn it off or put it to sleep first, then undock it. 

She just brought the laptop over to me saying it's locked up.  I asked her if she shut it down before undocking it.  No.  She said she had to undock it because her screen went blank again.  Last Friday the same thing happened.  I unplugged the monitor's power cord.  Waited a minute and put it back.  Wala.  Magic.  She was right there when I did it and asked me how I fixed it. 

So I asked her if she unplugged the monitor (like I did last week) and she said no, she doesn't remember this happening last week.

Cue frustration.

Re: Why don't people listen?

• Some people can be so frustratingly dumb!  Sorry you have to deal with her.
    TTC #1 Dx: severe MFI
    IVF with ICSI #1: BFP
    TESE for DH 08/09/09
    ER 08/09/09; ET 08/14/09; Beta #1 08/23/09: 150; Beta #2 08/25/09: 267
    TTC #2: FET #1: BFP
    ET 06/16/11; Beta #1 06/25/11: 282; Beta #2 06/27/11: 777
    First u/s: Twins! Baby A stopped growing @ 9 weeks, forever in our hearts
    TTC #3: FET #2: c/p lost at 4 weeks
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Definitely frustrating!  She sounds brilliant.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2, Operative hysteroscopy March 2011; IVF #1 long lupron protocol April 2011-cancelled due to poor response; IVF #2 flare protocol May 2011=hospitalization due to abdominal hemorrhage during ER and no fert due to MFI issues. Moving onto international adoption from Moldova January 2013!
  • Loading the player...
  • I've been wondering the same thing about a few people I know. They ask a question, then ask the same thing multiple times after. Frustrating! Your coworker sounds annoying for sure.
    imageimage

After 22 cycles and tube removal our IVF miracle has arrived! Detailed IF and IVF info in bio.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Frustrating. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ugh.

I would certainly not keep doing it if it locks it up, but I am the queen of undocking my laptop and moving it. However, mine stays up, running and fine when I do... Probably isn't good for it, but...

• imageSerendipitie:

Ugh.

I would certainly not keep doing it if it locks it up, but I am the queen of undocking my laptop and moving it. However, mine stays up, running and fine when I do... Probably isn't good for it, but...

If the settings are right, you should be able to do this whenever you want.  However, she changes her display settings daily and doesn't keep the ones I give her. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"