Upstate NY Babies
Options

Amber teething necklaces

Has anybody tried these?  They were suggested to me by my DCP when I told her that we think Audrey is teething and last night was pretty rough.  Aren't they sort of a choking hazard?  I'm going to do my own research but I have to hit you ladies up b/c you always have good advice!

Oh and something teething related that doesn't deserve it's own post: We knew that Stella was working on her 2 year molars.  What we didn't realize is that 3 of them are already in!  I finally got a good look in her mouth while we were at Wegmans Saturday night and sure enough 2 are fully through and 1 more is about halfway!  She has always been such a good teether I had no idea they were already in!  Oops.

DD1: 3/31/10 DD2: 9/7/11

Re: Amber teething necklaces

• Options

I tried a couple, I got them from Inspired by Finn.  I think the darker the better?  I wasn't sure if they worked, my DD was fussy about wearing them, plus she has horrible eczema and so I had to keep it away from her skin if it had lotion on it.

As far as being a choking hazard, I think they are double-knotted, knotted in between etc.  I would check out their website.  You are supposed to put the amber close to whatever the ailment is (since it's good for a lot of things), so obviously you'd want it probably as a necklace, but we tried an anklet too.

• Options
    I have several from Inspired by Finn and have been extremely happy with them. The lighter colors are supposed to have more succinic acid in them. I have little boys so I prefer the look of the mixed ones and they still work great! The beads are all individually knotted and the clasp is designed to break at 20 lbs of pressure to avoid strangulation. I think there is a 20% off code - Finn20. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I had them for DD when she was smaller. (Now she just wants to take it off and play with it.) The lighter the amber the more pain relief it's supposed to offer. The necklace is supposed to fit tight enough that they can't get it into their mouth,  but obviously not tight, tight. 

I also got mine from Inspired by Finn.  

DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"