April 2011 Moms
Options

Convertible Carseat?

Which one are you ladies getting for LO? It's about that time, and I may have to get more than one! Some are so pricey, but I dont want to sacrifice Safety for cost. What are your thoughts?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Convertible Carseat?

• Options
    We have a Graco MyRide 65 and so far we like it. It took some getting used to as far as getting him in it, but he's very comfy in it and has no trouble falling asleep while riding.  It IS pretty big, though.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We got the Britax Roundabout 55 ($170) for our main car and the Cosco Scenera ($60) for our secondary car.  We found the Cosco to be much easier to install - the Roundabout had to be reinstalled for us by the car seat technician (and it is much larger).  The Britax seems much comfier though and has the side impact cushioning which the Cosco doesn't have.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    bfp 4/8/2010, m/c 4/16/2010
    bfp 7/31/2010, dd born 4/2011
    bfp 2/7/2014, edd 10/19/2014, m/c 2/25/2014
    bfp 5/22/2014, edd 1/27/2015, MMC 6/30/2014, D&C 7/8/2014
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We'll be going with the Graco MyRide 65. We've been pretty happy with every Graco seat that we've owned so why not stay with the brand we know? A few patterns are currently on sale at Target for $110 (regularly $160). I'm really tempted to purchase them now since we need two and it will save us $100 but at the same time they still fit into their infant seats so we might as well get some more use out of them.
                                                 Rainbow - Married - 5/31/03
                                               Christian Alexander - 11/13/06
                                        Amelia Rose & Owen Thomas - 3/29/11

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (eGB2)
    Be The Match - and help save a life by signing up for the National Marrow Donor Program.
  • Options
    Both our boys moved up into a Britax Roundabout. To date these are still my favorite seats. SO SO SO easy to install, comfy, smart velcro tabs to keep the straps from tangling, not too crazy big. Our kids are a bit on the smaller side, so we've gotten a lot of mileage out of them (Fozzie still fits into his no problems) so if your babe is a bit bigger, you'll get a longer usage out of a Marathon. We'll be getting Fozzie either a Frontier or a Nautilus and moving Beaker into the Roundabout soon. 
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    We got the Britax Marathon for my car.  I like the fact that it is easy to install, easy to adjust the straps, and I love the velcro that holds the straps open.  We will probably be using the Britax Roundabout for DH's new car when he gets it.  He has a Ford Ranger now.  It worked with the infant seat, but if he puts in a rear facing convertible seat, he won't be able to see out of the side view mirrors.
    Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• Options
    I have the Britax marathon for my car. We love it. Liam is about to outgrow the infant seat in DH's car so we're trying to decide what to get for his. The weight limit for rear facing is a big factor for me since I'm going to try my hardest to keep him rear-facing as long as possible. The drivers where I live are absolutely nuts (not that you can't get in an accident anywhere...just the DC area is notorious for craziness)
  • Options
    I just got the Safety 1st 5-100lb seat.  They are a pain to strap in (I put both the latch system and the seat belt around it b/c it didn't seem to be sturdy enough with just the latch), but the seat is very comfy for LO.  He likes it a lot more than his carrier (which he is WAY too big for now).  They are regularly like $160 @ Babies R Us but I found them at Burlington Cost Factory for $90!  I was very excited b/c we needed 3 for all of the different cars LO rides in regularly. 
  • Options
    All seats pass the same safety tests, so no seat is safer than another. The more expensive seats have nicer features...easier install, better harness, etc. We have the Radian and I likemit. The Britax seats must pretty much install themselves bc I think the radian is easy tominstall, but people always say Britax is easier.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    we got the britax advocate cs. if interested in britax you can go to their website and they will explain the differences between the diffterent types they offer
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"