C-sections

anyone with 4 c-sections?

I am going to have my 3rd c/s next month. My dr and I discussed what my plans were and I told her I would love to have a 4th child. She didn't say I couldn't do it. She just said that she won't be able to tell me until the day of delivery to see how my previous scar looks like. She said if I healed up fine from the last time, then I can most likely have a 4th child. She also said she had delivered mothers whose had 4 c/s before and a couple mothers who had 5 although she wouldn't recommend it. She said 4 was "kinda pushing it."

So I wanted to know if there were any successful stories out there and maybe anyone who can give me some hope that I can have a 4th. If all goes well, DH and I plan to have a 4th child 3-4 years from now.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: anyone with 4 c-sections?

• I do not but my aunt had 4 c-sections and no problems at all!
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I have only had 2 but plan to have 4 as long as my ob keeps giving me the green light. My MIL had 5 with no problems and her youngest is 25. I can't help but think things must have improved in the past 25 years. I also know 2 ladies in my church, one with 4 one with 5. As long s your ob doesn't see a problem with it go for it! Good luck! I hope your upcoming c/s and recovery go smoothly and they find very little scar tissue.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I have a friend who had 6. Her OB advised being done at that point and they followed through b/c of increased risk, but everything went just fine each time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It really does depend on how your uterus healed from previous c-sections. Of course hearing about women who had 4+ will make you feel more confident, but the truth is that none of those stories reflect on what's going on inside of your body. When I asked my midwife how many c/s an average woman can have, she said 3 is usually fine, but she had just attended one the other day (here midwives are required at all births - whether vaginal or c/s) that was the woman's 2nd and the OB told her that he would strongly discourage her from having any more because her uterine walls had not recovered well from the 1st (which of course they only know when they open you up for the 2nd). Hopefully your uterus is one that can handle lots of c/s, but it really is just a matter of genes and luck.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• I will be having my 4th next week (2/9), and my OB has no concerns with this one. We have talked about me having another one in the future (my older 3 kids are from my previous marriage) and she said that after 4 it starts to have more risks, and she will have to look at the scar tissue on my uterus to see if it will be safe for me or not. But she did say that with the looks of the scar on my stomach she thinks I should be able to! I will try to remember to post after my LO is here and let you know how it goes!
  • I just had my 3rd c/s and my ob had already talked about my having more than that even before the c/s.  The day after surgery she came into my room and informed me I had virtually no scar tissue and that I can have "lots more babies".

Obviously your dr won't be able to say for certain without going in first but if you healed just fine (no infections, etc) there shouldn't be any issues! 

Caleb.02.01.08 | Asher.07.06.09 | Jude.01.19.12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mama Jan's Kitchen... a food blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • My co-worker will be having her 4th c-section and she is doing just fine.  Her OB said having another c-section should not be the determining factor on whether or not she should expand her family.  He did tell her it becomes slightly more risky after 4 but she is in good health and there are no issues with her scar thinning or anything like that. When I delivered my first, there was a women in the maternity ward having her 7th c-section so people do it!  Good luck to you! :)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image
  • One of my close friends had 4 and stopped after that.  The first three were each 14 months apart.  She did fine, but was advised not to go past 4 and ended up having her tubes tied when she had the 4th one.  She wanted more but her doctor, who was okay with the 4th, strongly advised her against it.
     TTC #1 since June 2008
    M/C @ 6 weeks 12/31/2008, Ectopic @ 6 weeks on 4/23/2010
    Diagnosed Unexplained 11/2009-DH is fine-I don't get AF
    Cycle #22 - 1/27/11 - IUI #1 & Injections - BFP! - DS born 11/11/11 
    TTC#2 - 2/24/14 - IUI & Injections - BFP! - EDD 11/29/14
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"