Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Impulse issues?

Has anyone been 'out of control' since their m/c? I don't mean drunk 24/7 or smoking 2 packs a day. Like, eating chocolate b/c for the first week, it was the worst case of PMS symptoms I've ever had with the hormones. And I've been shopping like crazy. Stuff that I wouldn't have bought because it's out of our budget. I have this mentality of eff it. I wanted to meet my baby and I couldn't and now I want what I want.The night before the d&c I had a new 47" tv in the cart at walmart. The only reason we didn't buy it was because the credit card machine went down. 

I've been drinking pop, too. And back with the espresso. I had stopped soda and caffeine and between the two, I just haven't cared. But, I know in the long run that's not helping my weight (and future pregnancy ease). So, this week, I'm going to work on being an adult and work on impulse control, if just to get back into my regular clothes and out of the stupid materinity shirts.  

imageLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Impulse issues?

• Options

Yes.  There was one day that I only had a piece of cheesecake and candy.  And I've been drinking a ton, and eating like crap.  However, after the first one, I did that for about a week, and then slowly started to get back into a routine of normal.  It just takes time, and sometimes we grieve like a crazy person. 

This one I've eaten like crap for about a week and half, but I'm getting back to where I want to go back to work kinda and I'm ready to cook real food again.  It just takes time.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    Um you just described me perfectly LOL. Yesterday I spent $200 on a new Coach purse and sunglasses. Today I bought a new Maytag dryer. I just sent my DH out to buy me MORE candy and soda. And we don't really have the money to be spending like this but I just feel like I deserve what I want right now and of course DH just wants to make me happy. GOOD LORD I AM IN TROUBLE!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

• Loading the player...
  • Options

@ilengrace, you just made me LOL so much I woke up two of the cats. 

I just packed my lunch/snacks for tomorrow and there was TWO green vegetables  and a total of four of them in it. I don't know if my body will be able to handle the shock. 

imageLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options

Yes

I was just telling DH that I still "feel" pregnant. I eat all the time and am now forcing myself to start dieting. I just need this HCG out of my system! 

• Options
    I think shares in kleenex and M&Ms went up by about 800% after my mc. It was like I could just eat it away but now the cruel thing is I have a little bit of a belly that I didn't have before. When I look in the mirror I can imagine what would have looked like with a bump :/ It hurts. A lot. Try to curb your eating as quick as you can or switch to fruit and save yourself a tiny bit of heartache.
  • Options
    Yup, the DAY I found out about our loss, I was drinking soda again... I figured why the hell not, it's not like it's going to hurt the baby now... I was pretty bitter, and still am. I'm back to drinking coffee and eating junk food again too.

MMC 01/26/12 

MC 12/25/12, D&C 01/05/13

BFP 03/05/13, EDD 11/12/13. HB 175 @ 9w2d. Its a Girl!

<3Madeline Lorraine H. <3 Born 11/12/13 @9:10pm, 7lb6oz

DX with EA/TEF Type C & Tracheomalaysia
    MC @ 13wks 01/15/15 

DX Septate Uterus - surgery recommended

BFP 3/18/16, EDD 11/13/16 It's a boy!
    <3 Clint Kiszonas H. <3 Born 11/21/16 @10:38pm, 9lb11oz

BFP 1/11/18, EDD 9/21/18 
  • Options

After my first loss, I convinced DH to start renovating the den.  We had these awful hand me down plaid chairs, and he was resistant to replacing them.  Well, after the first m/c he didn't put up a fight about it (I think he just wanted me to be happy).  We ended up renovating and redecorating the entire room.  I just wanted something to be different.

We were renovating the future nursery (ripping down old wood paneling) but now I think I want to turn it into the guest room instead.  I can't face the idea of fixing up a nursery that may remain empty.

I am not doing a great job with my diet, and I need to do better.  I think I am going to try to lose 15 lbs before we TTC again, since I'm on the high end of a healthy BMI.  I'm going to make DH lose some weight too, he is def overweight. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

When I was 10 weeks pregnant, I didn't have a bump to speak of yet. Now, I totally have a bump--but it's from cookies and wine.

It was a rough road, but Arlo Daniel was born April 1, 2013—and our second rainbow is due October 12, 2014.
  • Options
    imagepanacea05:

When I was 10 weeks pregnant, I didn't have a bump to speak of yet. Now, I totally have a bump--but it's from cookies and wine.

It's like a constant reminder that I can't stop looking at and no amount of exercise seems to be able to shift it :(

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"