Pregnant after IF
Options

Need Some Reassurance

As I am sure many of you can relate, after going through years of infertility treatments and a half dozen losses, I am having a really hard time letting go of the past and enjoying this pregnancy. I posted a while ago that my baby has been consistently measuring 2-5 days behind, depending on the tech or the doctor (it seems that the docs get the larger measurements). We were originally pregnant with twins but lost one at 7w4d (heart stopped). I just had another u/s last week at 9w2d and the tech got a range from 8w4d-8w6d and my MFM got 9w0d. The mean gestational sac diameter was also measuring 7w6d and the MFM said that is nothing to worry about as it is not an exact science and everything looks fine. The heart rate has been consistently around 180. This weekend I had a MD that I am acquaintances with tell me that measuring behind (close to a week) is usually associated with Trisomies 13, 18, or 21. She had two losses at 16w (one T18 and one T21) and she said that she was consistently measuring a week behind with both. Now I am freaked out. Can somebody reassure me? Has anyone consistently measured behind after IVF and had a good outcome?  

Thanks in advance!!

Re: Need Some Reassurance

• Options
    I was told that a week one way or another can be error caused by the machine or the person doing the measurements.  ((HUGS))

imageimage

~SAIF/PAIF/Everyone Welcome~ 

Me= 37 and DH = 41 

Dx: DOR, Endo, APA+ (really high beta 2 glycoprotein antibody and high everything else tested), heterozygous MTHFR mutation, positive for lupus anticoagulant, high FSH, low AMH and both tubes blocked (per HSG on 3/8/11)

IVF #1 - long lupron (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 4 retrieved, 3 fertilized; ET 2 blasts and 1 frozen = BFN

IVF #2 - a version of antagonist with EPP (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 blasts and 1 frozen blast transferred on day 5 = BFN.

IVF #3 April was postponed to May, May was canceled. June/July was canceled. Had a cyst aspiration and then began IVF #3 in August. ER on 8/22; ET on 8/24 with AH. +HPT on 9/5. Beta #1 (11dpo) = 3; Beta #2 (15dpo) = 29; Beta #3 (17dpo) = 60; Beta #4 (19 dpo) = 118. Heartbeat at 6 weeks 6 days =132.  Lil is here!

TTC#2:  Trigger + TI = BFN; Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN.

IVF #4:  BCP + MDLF + Lovenox = 7R, 1F = Transferred 1 6-cell embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #5:  MDLF + Lovenox = 4R, 1F = Transferred 1 10-cell compacting embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #6:  (New RE):  Long Antagonist November 2014 (transferred two 8 cell grade 1 embryos and froze one blast) = BFN

FET#1:  BFN

• Options

Hi, I am sorry you have to stress over this. I cant relate exactly but I can tell you that one of the triplets I am carrying was measuring almost 2 weeks behind and I was bleeding (the sac looked to be filled with blood). This was early kn the pregnancy and they said I was losing that LO. Well at 10 weeks all of a sudden that LO caught up and is only a day behind. I am only 11 and a half weeks but the dr's had written that one off. I pray that your LO catches up and shows them who is boss!

My prayers are with you and your LO. 

TTC 1/2010 DH Dx - Azoospermia 2/2011
    Hysteroscopy 3/2011 2 Polyps removed 4/2011
    DH on Clomid / Arimidex to address hormonal issues - Sperm found July 2011!
    IVF #1 September 2011 - ER 9/8/2011- 8R, 5M - icsi - 1 made it to transfer - BFFN :-(
    IVF #2 Lucky November 2011 - ER 11/25/2011 - 15 eggs!, 13 mature, 10 fertilized with isci - 7 made it to transfer! Transferred 1 - 8 cell and 2 - 7 cell. BFP!!!!
    1st U/S - Twins! 2nd U/S - 3 heartbeats!!! - HOLY COW!!!
    Prayers for our take home babies!
    2 babies born on 3/27/12 and lost. Last baby born on 3/29/12 and lost at 20 weeks.
    My angels grew wings shortly after birth.
    Ahava Raisel, Matisyahu Nissim & Zev Chaim - Mommy and Daddy will always love you.
    IVF #3 July 2012 - ER 7/17/2012 - 10 R. 5 F. 4 made it to ET
    Transferred 2 on 7/20/2012 no snow babies :-(
    Beta on 7/31/2012 = BFMFN
    A miracle gift expected to come to us through adoption around 9/2012
    Baby girl adopted - Birth Mother changed her mind and took the baby back
    IVF #4 October 2012 - New RE. Doing PGD Testing. 8 R, 7F, 2 made it to 5 day blast for PDG testing. Both Normal (Thank you G-d!!!) 1 boy and 1 girl
    transferred one beautiful 5day blast (girl)
    Please G-d the almighty one - let this be our take home baby!
    Beta #1 158, Beta #2 318, 1 Absolutely magnificent HB at 175! Thank you G-d!!!
    Baby Girl born August 5th. Thank you G-d for our precious miracle.
    AMA. PAIF & SAIF always welcome - I need all the prayers I can get!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My baby has consistently measured about one week behind and not only was the embryo tested for those particular chromosomal abnormalities BEFORE we transferred her, but she recently tested negative again with the blood test.  I would not put any thought into it.  Wait until you get the results of your blood test for these abnormalities.  Your baby is most likely fine.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

My understanding is that the NT scan and the associated blood work assesses the probabilities of trisomies 13, 18, and 21 (trisomy 21 is Down's), so if your NT results are good, your risk of those trisomies should be very, very low. Also, I would be most trusting of the measurement the MFM got, which sounds to be really on-target.

Not that I am a success story since I obviously have a long way to go, but both of my babies' sacs consistently measured behind, one more or less a week behind, and I was consistently told not to worry about it. Finally, around 12 weeks, they stopped measuring the sacs because I guess it was no longer considered relevant, and it was a relief to have one less thing to worry about. I have always heard that +/- 5 days is normal for CRL. I have come to realize that by googling enough and talking to enough people, you can always find a horrible story related to any slight concern or inconsistency, but it really sounds like your LO is doing quite well :)

IUIs #1-3 (1x unmedicated, 2x Clomid) = 2 BFNs, 1 m/c at 7w3d
    IUIs #4-6 (injects) = 3 BFNs
    IVF #1 = BFN
    FET #1 = BFN
    FET #2 = BFN
    IVF #2 = BFP, b/g twins lost at 20w due to partial abruption/PPROM
    IVF #3 = c/p 5w2d
    Long-shot Clomid/Prednisone cycle before next IVF = BFP, our beautiful, healthy girl born 6/26/13!
    ~~
    TTC again March 2014
    FET #3 - May/June 2014
    -
    all embryos arrested before xfer - back to the drawing board...
    IVF #4 - July/August 2014 
    beta 1 (11dp3dt) 220, beta 2 (13dp3dt) 671, beta 3 (19dp3dt) 10762
  • Options
    Both of my babies measured 4 days behind until my 13 week u/s when they caught up and now both measure exactly the right day.  Step away from Dr Google, have a nice big glass of water, and do your best not to worry (way easier said than done, I know!). Keep us posted!
    Me: 30, Dx Unexplained/hypothalamic amenorrhea
    DH: 31, normal!
    April/May 2011: Menopur + Ovidrel +TI = BFN
    Oct 2011: Menopur + Hcg +IUI = BFP!
    Beta #1 (13dpiui)= 129.7, Beta #2 (15 dpiui)= 305
    PAIF/SAIF always welcome!
    My Blog

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I think you need to stop listening to other people and have a calm confidence that everything will be just fine. That is what has helped me, I stay strong for my babies. When we first learned our IVF worked, our world crumbled, my husband's mom was suffering with cancer was at the end. He was traveling to see her, and she soon passed. Again, I couldnt let the stress get to me. Just try to have more confidence and only listen to your doctor. Good luck!
  • Options

So sorry you have to go through with it. I have decided my Feb. resolution is not to worry anymore (not sure how I can do that), but this is how I am going about that. I keep thinking that, yes, there are horror stories that people can tell you. However, those are rare and it is more likely that you are going to be alright. When I had my gall bladder surgery, people told me all sorts of awful stories about surgery gone wrong. I was fine. That's what I keep thinking about my pregnancy. Horrible things can go wrong but I am going to think about how that is unusual and I am not an unusual person. I am a usual person and my baby is going to be fine. Now, sometimes I have to chant that repeatedly and I'm not sure I believe it, but positive thinking and prayer can get us through a lot. I'll be praying that everything is okay!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options
    I didn't do IVF, but I did want to let you know that I'm sorry you're going through so much worry.  Stay strong for your LO, and you'll be in my T&P.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options

imageSTL34:
    I was told that a week one way or another can be error caused by the machine or the person doing the measurements.  ((HUGS))

Absolutely this.  None of my u/s have measured the same.  I've had six now and each one has either measured ahead or behind.

((Hugs))

TTC since August 2009
    June/July 2011 - IVF #1 - Transfer cancelled due to OHSS
    23 perfect embryos. All 23 made it to freezing!
    September/October - FET #1 - October 12th - 2 Grade A embies
    October 20th - BFP??! EDD - July 1, 2012
    Beta #1 = 154, Beta #2 = 352 Beta #3 = 3,800
    U/S #2 - November 14th = 133 bpm! U/S #3 & 4 - November 30th and December 7th = 163 bpm! U/S#5 - January 30th - TEAM PINK!!!
    Baby Sweets born on her due date!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"