Multiples
Options

Does EXTREMELY poor grammer etc. = faker???

We all have our moments, posting from iphones, ipads etc. BUT I have noticed that the fakers have more that a few "moments" & that is usually what alerts me to a faker :) anyone else share this sentiment??

Re: Does EXTREMELY poor grammer etc. = faker???

• Options
    Yes! you found me out.....sorry gotta go to my fake babies & feed them. FWIW I am european & say favourite not favorite & night not nite! 
  • Options

Get outta here really!!!  If you read my post I said GRAMMAAAAR not spelling!!!  I get it if you are not in the fold then you are a faker.  To all the people not in a special facebook/bump group maybe you can comment on this.  I hope you enjoy being a source of drama for everyone, this was a legitimate post but think what you want to think. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't know...actually the opposite might be true. I used to be a great speller...since "Mommy Brain" I struggle :) I remember when my boys were first born, I would struggle just putting a sentence together. Oh, what those sleepless nights did for me ;P
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    You are right! but sometimes the syntax is just strange, I think we all get a word that is wrongly spelled (well apparently not everyone but at least most of us) but the whole construction of a sentence is a different matter.
  • Options
    imageziene77:

Get outta here really!!!  If you read my post I said GRAMMAAAAR not spelling!!!  I get it if you are not in the fold then you are a faker.  To all the people not in a special facebook/bump group maybe you can comment on this.  I hope you enjoy being a source of drama for everyone, this was a legitimate post but think what you want to think. 

Dude...what are you talking about?

You made a post saying that most fakers have bad grammar, and then you spelled grammar wrong.  Please tell me that the humor of that is not lost on you...because that's just not fun.

Here comes Baby #3! BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    This is amusing to me now, I turned to my husband before I made this post & doubted my spelling of grammar, he laughed & found it hard to believe that I even cared & my exact words were "they will crucify me for the wrong verbage with a post like this"  I guess I was right unfortunately.
  • Options

imageziene77:
    This is amusing to me now, I turned to my husband before I made this post & doubted my spelling of grammar, he laughed & found it hard to believe that I even cared & my exact words were "they will crucify me for the wrong verbage with a post like this"  I guess I was right unfortunately.

Nobody crucified you.  Mrs. Lee just pointed out the obvious, which was quite funny.  Then you got defensive and started talking about how you're European (???), and then accused Mrs. Lee of starting drama.

Pray tell, what were you trying to do when you start a post about fakers?

C'mon now.....next time laugh and move on.

• Options

*Raises hand* yeah I'm not in the FB group and I no longer post pics of my kids here because this place has had some real freaks lurking around. I've been here for over a year and a half though and fit in just fine. Fakers are generally pretty easy to spot

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

I guess you don't get the point of my post.  I may not be a seasoned "poster" & for some reason that means that my brain power is somehow diminished & even more so after my spelling error.  I think I commented about that earlier but somehow you must not have read that. Anyway I am out, no big dramatic exit.  Thanks to all of you who have given me great advice along the way.  Maybe you should concentrate your energy on people like BattieNattie.....but where is the fun in that. 

• Options
    Holy overreaction Batman! A GBCB? Really? I really don't think that's necessary, but whatever. Lighten up Francis.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

imageMrsLee04:
    Well, you spelled grammar wrong.  Does that make you a faker?

YesYes

• Options
    The majority vote cracks me up :) AGAIN thanks to all of the classy ladies on here, keep doing what you are doing BUT make sure you spell everything correctly, not to mention your "GrammEr" or you will feel the wrath!
  • Options

imageziene77:
    The majority vote cracks me up :) AGAIN thanks to all of the classy ladies on here, keep doing what you are doing BUT make sure you spell everything correctly, not to mention your "GrammEr" or you will feel the wrath!

This coming from someone who started a post attributing improper grammar to fakers............

lighten up.

• Options
    YAWN....AGAIN read my posts Mrs. Lee, I said GRAMMAR....ER not spelling, I found it interesting reading different blogs that the GRAMMAR didn't add up, AGAIN not the spelling (we all have those moments) SOOOOOO that is my only point!!!!  Do I see the irony....if I was talking about SPELLING yes, but grammar no.  Do we really need more debate about this?????  Do I see the humor humour :) YES!!!!
  • Options
    Yeah ... I have to agree, OP, you need to lighten up. It was funny. :)
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options

imageziene77:
    We all have our moments, posting from iphones, ipads etc. BUT I have noticed that the fakers have more that a few "moments" & that is usually what alerts me to a faker :) anyone else share this sentiment??

I don't think that bad spelling or grammar in small doses constitutes faker (grammer vs grammar, their vs there, and so forth). Yes, it irks me on a small level, especially if it's not just spelling but wordage or verbage. But I can easily blame mommy brain/lack of sleep on many of my typos. 

It's the overuse of font/color/bold/italic/colors/and everything else that really start to stand out to me. Like, not only can they not take the time to run spell check, but they also are TRYING to stand out.

~*~ Nikki ~*~ DS born 2/18/08! TTC #2 since 01/2009 11/01 Round #5 Clomid 100 mg, IUI 11/14, at 10dpiui 11/26 Beta:12dpiui 114 11/29 Beta:15dpiui 755 1/9/10 First U/S: TRIPLETS! 6/20/11 And then there were six... http://andbabiesmakesix.wordpress.com/ Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

imageziene77:

I don't think that bad spelling or grammar in small doses constitutes faker (grammer vs grammar, their vs there, and so forth). Yes, it irks me on a small level, especially if it's not just spelling but wordage or verbage. But I can easily blame mommy brain/lack of sleep on many of my typos. 

It's the overuse of font/color/bold/italic/colors/and everything else that really start to stand out to me. Like, not only can they not take the time to run spell check, but they also are TRYING to stand out.

~*~ Nikki ~*~ DS born 2/18/08! TTC #2 since 01/2009 11/01 Round #5 Clomid 100 mg, IUI 11/14, at 10dpiui 11/26 Beta:12dpiui 114 11/29 Beta:15dpiui 755 1/9/10 First U/S: TRIPLETS! 6/20/11 And then there were six... http://andbabiesmakesix.wordpress.com/ Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

Hunt2005 you bring up a great point.  Macchiatto "lighten up" really!....I get the humor, I said that in an earlier post, maybe you need to talk to Mrs. Lee "Spelling and grammar go hand in hand.  One can have a grammar "moment" just as easily as they can have a spelling "moment." 

That sounds like one of my teachers in high school who needed to lighten up.  They say food is not love but in Mrs. Lee's case I say go EAT!!!

• Options
    This post is really odd...just putting that out there:) I would say the main thing that constitutes a faker is an inconsistent story. I think heinous spelling and grammar is a trademark of one- or two-time MUD, but the seasoned fakers out there tend to reflect the full spectrum of Bump posters in terms of spelling and grammar. People coming to the board for some quick MUD love to stand out, the creepy creeper fakers want to blend in (though their constant AWish need for drama is often at direct odds with their desire to blend in).
    IUIs #1-3 (1x unmedicated, 2x Clomid) = 2 BFNs, 1 m/c at 7w3d
    IUIs #4-6 (injects) = 3 BFNs
    IVF #1 = BFN
    FET #1 = BFN
    FET #2 = BFN
    IVF #2 = BFP, b/g twins lost at 20w due to partial abruption/PPROM
    IVF #3 = c/p 5w2d
    Long-shot Clomid/Prednisone cycle before next IVF = BFP, our beautiful, healthy girl born 6/26/13!
    ~~
    TTC again March 2014
    FET #3 - May/June 2014
    -
    all embryos arrested before xfer - back to the drawing board...
    IVF #4 - July/August 2014 
    beta 1 (11dp3dt) 220, beta 2 (13dp3dt) 671, beta 3 (19dp3dt) 10762
  • Options

Are we starting a faker squad?  Like a community crime watch?  Have we resorted to begging for drama?

As an English teacher I find this post hysterical.  But even I recognize that there is a "language" that is just comes with internet board postings.  

Are you that bored?

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    This thread is stupid.
  • Options

imagerobinsokj:
    This thread is stupid.

Agreed. 

• Options
    I'm never going to get the last 2 minutes of my life back...
  • Options

to get back to the original question...i don't think it helps if someone is already suspected, but if it's just someone with bad grammar, i don't immediately get suspicious because of that.

i will say that of the times people have stolen my pics, a few times it's been clearly a teenage girl, whose focus is clearly not on being well-spoken.

How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • Options
    This post is a head scratcher.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"