Philadelphia Babies

Daycares in Delco

Does anyone know a good day care in the Ridley area?  I live in Aston, but work near Darby, and am looking for something "on the way".  Any and all reviews would be super helpful!  Thanks!

Re: Daycares in Delco

• I'm in Aston as well!!  I heard a lot of good things about Aston Presbyterian Church's Daycare.  Not too $$$  Also check out St. James Episcopal Church.  I heard St. James being $160.00 a week and they have before and after care which is included in the price...

Good luck!!

Olivia Madison born July 27th, 2011 at 27w6d at 10:44pm 1lb 11oz 13 1/2 inches delivered c-section due to Severe Preeclampsia and PIH
  • I will be starting my son at the Delco Learning Center in Secane (on South Ave) next September.  They are $200 a week.  I went in there for a tour and loved it.  Everyone is very friendly.  I am spoiled right now because I only pay $125 a week for our babysitter.  However, $200 seems to be the going rate.  You should check it out.  And I believe their hours are 6-6.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We just enrolled our daughter in the Aston Kindercare after thorough research. It got 4 S.T.A.R.s (highest rating) and is NAIYC certified. These two things were very very important to us. It's $293/ week (infant). Pricey, but worth it.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • $293 a WEEK!  WOW!  That's expensive!  Being a stay at home mom living on a police officers salary is good enough for me!  If I went back to work I would just cover that!  WOW! 
    Olivia Madison born July 27th, 2011 at 27w6d at 10:44pm 1lb 11oz 13 1/2 inches delivered c-section due to Severe Preeclampsia and PIH
  • We use the Today's Child in Springfield.  Likes--the main toddler 1 room teacher Ms. Lauren is wonderful!  If it wasn't for her I'm not sure about the center. Dislikes--the menu is horrible.  I try to do organic and I HATE what they have on the menu (think fun fish sticks and chicken fries).  Also, the center seems to be experiencing low enrollment and a lot of turn over. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• We had a poor experience using Delco Early Learning Ctr in the Drexel Hill Childs Ave site when we needed it for just a few months. Many others have as well...ugh. multiple reasons...drove me crazy b/c they have all these fancy credentials. A partially friendly teacher here and there maybe, but overall, uncaring teachers, kids often left to their own devices for long periods of time, controlled chaos, and always filled to the max.

I wish there were more to rave about! We weren't so lucky. Individualized in home nanny care is so much better, but I know its hard financially and not an option for everyone... :(

Lori ~ mom to 2 boys, wife, doula, and childbirth educator - www.delcodoula.com
  • jenny2508 - is that the one at the YMCA?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Sonshine Christian Academy in Drexel Hill (on your way to work, I think) is a great day care.  Our daughter was there for 5 months before I started staying home and she was well taken care of.  They are tops in the Keystone Stars Program and they are all loving and attentive.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"