Upstate NY Babies
Options

CD Moms with Boys- Need your advice

So my cousin starting using cloth diapers a week or two ago on her son who is a week younger than Callie. She took my recommendation to use Bum Genius and I believe has the 4.0 Pockets with snaps instead of the velcro ( which we never liked the snap ones much). She wrote me last night saying they were giving up using them at night because she's using 2 of the large inserts and he's still leaking through and wetting the bed. She also has been using one of the large inserts during the day. I told her I didn't understand how that was possible because T used them till she was 2 and I'm sure a 2 year old pees more than a 3 month old. She said boys and girls are different but I told her at least 4 of you girls have boys and use them with no issues.

What could it be?? I asked if they were prepped, and said if they were too big they'd leak. I also vaguely remember something about the large inserts needing to face one direction for boys and the other for girls but don't remember the details of that. Any tips, tricks, or suggestions??

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: CD Moms with Boys- Need your advice

• Options
    I always used the big and small insert at night and both boys wore them until almost 2 (then they were tight on their thighs).  You have to put the part with the snap at the top/front of the diaper.  I always had them buttoned over at least 1 button and when they were small 2.  I didn't have any issues.  I also had a few thin hemp inserts that I would sometimes stuff in there with the microfiber.  I would put the microfiber closest to skin and then the hemp.  I never had any luck with Fuzzi Bunz (with snaps) for overnights.  They always leaked.  I didn't know if it was the snaps or something different between fuzzi bunz and BG.  
  • Options

We honestly don't use cds at night, because DS leaks through them no matter what. The Bum Genius 4.0 were the worst for him, only second to those were Fuzzibunz one size. I find it difficult to get a good fit with snaps.  I just bought a fitted that is supposedly leak proof and I am waiting on a wool cover to try it out.   We have other fitteds and covers as well, but they don't keep him dry either. 

I would have her try hemp inserts.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I love my BG diapers during the day with DS - but at night, once he started sleeping on his belly (around 4 months) I had leaks every night. 

I switched to fitteds and covers (both wool and PUL) and the leaks have stopped!

I also use only one kind of pocket at night  - Applecheeks. It has elastic/is gathered at the front of the waist and i have never had a leaking issue with those either at night.  

If I could do it  all over, i'd have all my diapers be Applecheeks

• Options
    imageprncsstp:

I love my BG diapers during the day with DS - but at night, once he started sleeping on his belly (around 4 months) I had leaks every night. 

I switched to fitteds and covers (both wool and PUL) and the leaks have stopped!

I also use only one kind of pocket at night  - Applecheeks. It has elastic/is gathered at the front of the waist and i have never had a leaking issue with those either at night.  

If I could do it  all over, i'd have all my diapers be Applecheeks

Hijacking post--Where did you get your wool from? I am waiting a shipment from Sloomb, but am interested in cheaper/more affordable options, too!

• Options

OMG - Sloomb is super pricey... but I hear good things. 

Basic Baby in Syracuse sells locally made wool from Under the Green Umbrella (based in Utica-area), and its very reasonably priced!!!!

And they have cheap fitters locally made in Manlius as well (Esbaby)... I love them! 

• Options
    imageprncsstp:

OMG - Sloomb is super pricey... but I hear good things. 

Basic Baby in Syracuse sells locally made wool from Under the Green Umbrella (based in Utica-area), and its very reasonably priced!!!!

And they have cheap fitters locally made in Manlius as well (Esbaby)... I love them! 

You are awesome! End.of.story;) Thanks!

• Options
    Glad I can help - If you are interested in going - Basic Baby is in Shoppingtown Mall. Josh/Colleen are the owners - tell them Tori sent you! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"