Postpartum Depression
Options

Up and down

I wasn't myself when I was pregnant and I was pretty down. Lately, I have been having more bad days, especially when I went back to work (more about failing as a mom/wife/employee. then being sad to leave LO), but then I have a string of good days so I never do anything about it.

I'm scare of over-reacting and being told it is nothing - rejection - and ignoring it and it getting worse.  Thoughts?

DS 7/6/09
DD 9/4/11
EDD 9/1/15

Re: Up and down

• Options

My opinion -

Go into the doctor (OB or psychologist) and talk to them about it. I was so skeptical about getting help for PPD and thought I would be told I was being ridiculous and to get over myself. I was crying at least once a day and found it hard to be really happy. Once I got help (from both meds and talking to a pyschologist) I am much better!

Don't be afraid to get help! I promise you will feel SO much better once you do!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

The way I see it is, it's not "nothing" if it is bothering you and impacting your life.  I agree 100% with PP- talk to your doctor. I also agree that it really helps to talk to someone. I do once a week, and it is so helpful. Sometimes when I leave the appointment, I seriously feel like a weight has been lifted. 

Also, I promise, no one will think you are over-reacting. Your doctor is trained to deal with this, and any doctor who would tell you you were over-reacting should not be practicing medicine. And since the bad days are becoming more frequent, that is definitely a good indicator that you should talk to your doctor. Good luck, and hang in there :) 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Going back to work is another big change.  I share those same insecurities even now.  Some of that is normal.

But, like PP have said, if it's bad enough that you are questioning it, especially here, it's worth checking into!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Options

Thanks for the responses. 

Today was really bad. When I was nursing her this evening, she would look up at me and smile...with my tear falling on her cheek.  

DS 7/6/09
    DD 9/4/11
    EDD 9/1/15
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"