Preemies
Options

Preemie Doll of LO?

Has anyone bought a doll that is the size of their LO when they were born?  I found this website (https://weebundles.com/dolls.html) that makes preemie dolls to your specifications of your LO when they were born and think it is a really cool idea to have to remember how tiny our LOs were when they were born.  If you have done this, can you please let me know what you thought of it (quality-wise)?  Thanks!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Preemie Doll of LO?

• Options
    This strikes me as creepy.  I can't really wrap my mind around it. 
    Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)

• Options
    Someone on here has, but I can't recall who - I thought they were creepy before, but now I forget what DS was like so I've warmed to the idea. I won't get one, but I get it :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have one for my DD from remembermepreemie.com.  I had the doll made to her birth weight and other measurements and I look at it as a reminder of how far she has come.  Even today, DD's 3rd birthday, I am thinking about taking a picture of DD with the doll for comparison.  It was very tastefully done and I love it. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

imagekatie4253:
    This strikes me as creepy.  I can't really wrap my mind around it. 

Exactly. 

Married to Brandon since 2/14/06
    Twin Girls born on January 1st 2012:Brooklyn Avery(Brooke) & Eliana Meredith(Ellie)
    Ellie and Brooke both have Juvenile Diabetes
    Adopted a Brother and Sister in January of 2012
    Levi Ryan-October 25th 2007 and Caroline Paige(Carly)-July 23rd 2009
    Jonah Samuel born April 21st 2013
    Expecting Baby #6-June 2014!
  • Options
    I could see doing the blank face ones... something about those painted on faces is what makes it so creepy for me. DS's little face was so adorable, I wouldn't want the creepy doll face to take away from that. It is getting hard to remember how small he was!
    BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
    BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.
  • Options

imageDenesdia:
    I have one for my DD from remembermepreemie.com.  I had the doll made to her birth weight and other measurements and I look at it as a reminder of how far she has come.  Even today, DD's 3rd birthday, I am thinking about taking a picture of DD with the doll for comparison.  It was very tastefully done and I love it. 

Oh eek - I didn't click the original link - but either this poster is who I was thinking of, or it was someone else who ordered from the above site. I've heard great things about it and agree with PP - those faces are creepy! IMO

• Options
    I have to agree with the dolls being creepy. The remember me site has "specialty dolls" and pics of the real babies in their 'memory' tab...FYI! My DH has a tattoo on his arm of DSs footprints at birth. We held his feet up to them today...that is all I need to remember! I also have one of the preemie diapers and some other keepsakes to remind me how small he was!
    BabyFruit Ticker image Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    imageurbanflowerpot:

imageDenesdia:

Oh eek - I didn't click the original link - but either this poster is who I was thinking of, or it was someone else who ordered from the above site. I've heard great things about it and agree with PP - those faces are creepy! IMO

I wasn't a fan of the original link but i did like a lot what I saw on remembermepreemie.com   I think i'd like one for Grayson.  No face on it tho...the faces are what make them look creepy. 

• Options

imageDenesdia:

We also have a doll from remembermepreemie.com and love it. I take my son's picture with it on each birthday and we use it to show friends and family how small he was at birth. I have nothing but good things to say about Kim who makes these dolls. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"