Preemies
Options

I am shouting from the mountaintops!! (And a question)

Ok..well, Minnesota doesn't have mountains, so I guess I am shouting from the bluff tops..My sweet little bean has slept for 6-7 hours in one stretch for the last 3 nights!!  I feel like a new woman.  Really.  I do.  Oh yeah..and a question for you mama's...I know that most all developmental milestones are based on due date not actual age in preemies.  So, when does the risk of SIDS go down for my little dude?  Is that the same as everything else and we would look at 3-5 months adjusted instead of actual?  I still have him in a rock n play sleeping right next to me...I just can't put him in a room by himself yet.  Once I know his risk has gone down I will feel more comfortable having him sleep in his room.  Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I am shouting from the mountaintops!! (And a question)

• Options

I asked our pedi this same question at our 6 month appointment. She said that for a full-term baby, the risk goes down at 6 months, and since our daughter had the head control/neck strength of her actual age, she would consider this the case for her as well. Big relief, but at the same time, nothing is really going to make me feel better about it at this point. It's still always on my mind when she's asleep. 

So I guess it's more of an individual answer, based on how your baby is developing (but I'm not a doctor). 

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"