Babies on the Brain
Options

NBR: Please recommend a great tropical vacation for under $2500?

A friend and I are going on a "last hurrah" trip before she tries to get pregnant...

Looking for a place that is tropical (Caribbean, preferably), safe, and budget-friendly. We would like a mix of resort and exploration -- in other words, we'd rather not have to eat a buffet meal plan every night and actually get to see some sights. At the same time, tropical drinks by an infinity pool would also be nice.

Our budget per person is roughly 2500. Any recs? Thank you!!!! 

Re: NBR: Please recommend a great tropical vacation for under $2500?

• Options
    I'd do a cruise...best of everything. Nice ports, nice food and so many options, swimming, entertainment, lounging etc. We booked a balcony room and for two it is only $1400 or so. You could definitely go cheaper and do ocean view or an interior room if you wanted to save money and have extra for the ports and shopping.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I would also do a cruise.

You'll have ports you can do your sightseeing at, and you can lounge and relax on the ship in between. There are buffets on ships, but you definitely do not have to partake (I only did once when I went). I like going to several ports/areas in one trip.

E+C
    (+ hers and his, ages 13 & 8)
    TTC
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Aruba

Jamaica- Ochos Rios

Mexico- Riviera Maya

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Options

DH and I have been to Domican Republic, Puerto Rico and a few places in Mexico. We always stay at an all inclusive resort, usually one with actual restaurants so it iisnt a buffet all the time. We've stayed in several iberostar resorts and really like them.  I'm pretty sure both DR and Mexico would be well under $2500 for flight/7 days.  We always take 2-3 excursions offered by the resort while we are there. Usually one or two to explore the surrounding area (boat trip on a river, hiking to waterfall, etc) and one snorkeling or other water related activity.  

I've heard costa rica is a good mix of all inclusive and exploring the area, but I haven't been so I can't personally recommend. 

laying down the law on Oahu's North Shore

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    That's easy - Excellence Playa Mujeres. It's amazing. Totally effing amazing, and within your budget (check out cheapcaribbean.com). It's about a half hour north of Cancun, all inclusive, and did I mention amazing?? Great restaurants, top shelf drinks, top notch accommodations, awesome staff - I need to stop raving about it because I'm mad I'm not planning a trip there (adults only).
    July 20th, 2012: Never forget the day the fb douchebags tried so hard, but ultimately failed. Viva la October 2011! Yeah, I called you douchebags.

BFP 1/18/11, EDD 10/1/11. Born at 37w5d on 9/15/11. AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***BFP Chart***

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

• Options

My hubby and I are taking a babymoon in May!!!!   We booked the Apple 5 square deal for 8 days for 2125.00 to Jamaica!  It includes round trip air out of Newark, the stay at an all inclusive and round trip shuttle!  I can't wait!  You could also check out prices for Mexico or Punta Cana.   Punta Cana Has a really nice beach.  Mexico I would check out Cancun, Cozumel, or Rivera Maya!

TTC since May/June 2012 
    Sept 2013 testing:
    SA #1 Low motility (17%) 
    SA #2 Lower sperm count, but much higher motility
    CD 3 Bloodwork and ultrasound - Normal HSG - Clear tubes 
    Oct/Nov 2013 Cycle 1 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN  
    Nov/Dec 2013 Cycle 2 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN 
    Jan/Feb 2014 Cycle 3 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN 
    2/20/14 Follow up consult RE recommends IVF with ICSI 
    3/10/14 New patient consult with RMA NJ 
    3/11/14 AMH and other Bloodwork to prep for IVF with ICSI at RMA NJ
    3/28/14 Saline Sonogram - All good
    March/April 2014 IVF #1 Antagonist Protocol
    BCP/Bravelle/Menopur/Ganirelix
    4/16/14 ER 26 Retrieved!!!
    4/17/14 Fert Report 22 Mature 21 Fertilized w/ ICSI
    4/22/14 Report #2 15 BLASTS
    5/24/14 FET!!!  (Transferring 2 snowflakes)
    6/2/14 Beta #1 575!!! :)
    6/4/14 Beta #2 2060!!! :)
    6/11/14 1st Ultrasound...Saw 2 Gestational Sacs!!  Beta #3 34,312!!! 
    6/18/14 2nd Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 112bpm Baby B 117bmp <3 Beta #4 172,080!!!
    6/25/14 3rd Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 150bpm Baby B 158bpm <3 Beta #5 232,134!!! 
    7/3/14 4th Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 173bpm Baby B 162bpm <3 Beta #6 269,228!!!
    Graduated from RMA!!  First appt with OB 7/8/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image image
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

imageHappyAardvark:
    That's easy - Excellence Playa Mujeres. It's amazing. .

DH and I went on our honeymoon here. It is AMAZING!  We were traveling during the height of the swine flu/drug violence scare and the resort actually gave us a good amount of money back AFTER we booked.  We were able to upgrade to one of the rooms that had a private rooftop lounge and pool area for a decent price.  It was by far the most amazing, relaxing vacation ever. 

laying down the law on Oahu's North Shore

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imagecls78:

My hubby and I are taking a babymoon in May!!!!   We booked the Apple 5 square deal for 8 days for 2125.00 to Jamaica!  It includes round trip air out of Newark, the stay at an all inclusive and round trip shuttle!  I can't wait!  You could also check out prices for Mexico or Punta Cana.   Punta Cana Has a really nice beach.  Mexico I would check out Cancun, Cozumel, or Rivera Maya!

Where you staying in Jamaica? I'm in a wedding in the summer and the couple will be honeymooning there and staying at Sandals in Ocho Rios. Friends of theirs are staying at the Jewels Dunn.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Options
    imageCMDR513:
    imagecls78:

Where you staying in Jamaica? I'm in a wedding in the summer and the couple will be honeymooning there and staying at Sandals in Ocho Rios. Friends of theirs are staying at the Jewels Dunn.  

Most likely I will be staying at the Riu in Ocho Rios or Montego Bay from what I am reading from others on tripadvisor!  Since we are doing the Apple 5 square deal we only know we will be staying at a resort that is consideed 5 apples or higher.  The price 2125.00 was for both of us, so we got a great deal!

TTC since May/June 2012 
    Sept 2013 testing:
    SA #1 Low motility (17%) 
    SA #2 Lower sperm count, but much higher motility
    CD 3 Bloodwork and ultrasound - Normal HSG - Clear tubes 
    Oct/Nov 2013 Cycle 1 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN  
    Nov/Dec 2013 Cycle 2 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN 
    Jan/Feb 2014 Cycle 3 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN 
    2/20/14 Follow up consult RE recommends IVF with ICSI 
    3/10/14 New patient consult with RMA NJ 
    3/11/14 AMH and other Bloodwork to prep for IVF with ICSI at RMA NJ
    3/28/14 Saline Sonogram - All good
    March/April 2014 IVF #1 Antagonist Protocol
    BCP/Bravelle/Menopur/Ganirelix
    4/16/14 ER 26 Retrieved!!!
    4/17/14 Fert Report 22 Mature 21 Fertilized w/ ICSI
    4/22/14 Report #2 15 BLASTS
    5/24/14 FET!!!  (Transferring 2 snowflakes)
    6/2/14 Beta #1 575!!! :)
    6/4/14 Beta #2 2060!!! :)
    6/11/14 1st Ultrasound...Saw 2 Gestational Sacs!!  Beta #3 34,312!!! 
    6/18/14 2nd Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 112bpm Baby B 117bmp <3 Beta #4 172,080!!!
    6/25/14 3rd Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 150bpm Baby B 158bpm <3 Beta #5 232,134!!! 
    7/3/14 4th Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 173bpm Baby B 162bpm <3 Beta #6 269,228!!!
    Graduated from RMA!!  First appt with OB 7/8/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image image
    BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"