Georgia Babies

how to keep toddler out of swing?

Ok.  How do I keep Lily out of the baby swing?  I'm afraid she is going to either hurt herself or break the swing.

Oh and she thinks the baby k'tan is hilarious.  She told me I looked silly with her baby doll in there.  :p

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: how to keep toddler out of swing?

• A firm NO and a time out if she ignores you.  Best to go ahead and get that out of the way now...

• Ugh, we're going to have this problem very soon (as in, once I get off my lazy butt and start preparing for this little guy!).   If Lily is into babydolls, could you maybe explain to her that the swing is for babies and have her put her dolls in it instead?

PS - Let me know how you like the k'tan.  We have a sleepy wrap and an ergo, but I'd really like another carrier because the ergo just seems bulky for an infant. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • So far I like the k'tan. It's easy to do and comfortable. We will see how I feel when I have a real baby in there. Between Lily and the cat this swing is going to make me crazy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Emma STILL gets in the swing.  I tried to keep her out of it when we first set it up, but soon realized it was a lost cause.  I got sick of putting her in time out and it just didn't work.  The newness quickly wore off and she only occasionally gets in it now.  If I ignore her, she gets right out.  I say pick your battles.  FWIW, ours is still in perfect shape and she's never gotten hurt.  Maybe if she HAD, she would have quit climbing in!  :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagesusangilchrist:
    Emma STILL gets in the swing.  I tried to keep her out of it when we first set it up, but soon realized it was a lost cause.  I got sick of putting her in time out and it just didn't work.  The newness quickly wore off and she only occasionally gets in it now.  If I ignore her, she gets right out.  I say pick your battles.  FWIW, ours is still in perfect shape and she's never gotten hurt.  Maybe if she HAD, she would have quit climbing in!  :)

This is the exact approach we took. We tried disciplining Derek but nothing worked and he would climb in and out of the swing if Parker wasn't in it. It wasn't worth fighting that battle.

Derek 6.30.09 & Parker 4.1.11
    Family
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"