Adoption

Super dumb thing to feel guilty about

DD's BM is left-handed. So am I. When we first met in the hospital, BM made an offhand comment that all she wanted was for DD to be left-handed.

DD is increasingly indicating that she's going to be right-handed. Yeah, I know it's early, and things could change. But I feel like we "failed" her BM.

See, I told you it was dumb.

Re: Super dumb thing to feel guilty about

• That made me laugh, Dr. L! 

We all have irrational mommy worries...
    image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • I'd probably feel the same way. Sometimes it is the little things that have lots of impact.
    Cervical Cancer Survivor since 2007 TTC Since 2008 IUI#1 = BFN IUI#2 = BFN IUI#3 = BFN IUI#4 = BFN IVF #1 = BFN FET #1 = BFN FET #2 = BFN FET #3 = BFN IVF #2 = BFN IVF #3 = BFN FET #4 = BFN FET #5 = BFP!!! 06/10/2011 Miscarriage 06/21/2011 Adoption Application Submitted 09/2011, Personal Documents Submitted 11/18/2011, Home Visit 12/16/2011, Officially Waiting!!! 01/21/2013 MATCHED!!!! 01/24/2013 Baby Boy Born! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • How did I not know you were a lefty?

Train her to be ambidextrous??

Strangly - so far both of the girls are lefty.  I think Cora will always be a lefty, but Elsie might go right.

• imageMyColonyNJ:

Train her to be ambidextrous??

Funny you say that. DH and I were discussing it tonight, and he said, "Well, we can't *make* her go left. But we can teach her to be ambidextrous."

• This made me literally LOL. You're sweet. Don't go feeling guilty. :-)
    BM to Kenzie 9/1/04 --- Married 1/22/09 --- Me 27 - DH 25 --- TTC our first since April 2010 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I find this really funny.  I'm sure one day I will have irrational guilt too :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I will admit I got very mad at DH because when E first started using utensils she could favor either hand. Some days she ate with her left, some days her right. One day she had her fork in her left and he INTENTIONALLY changed it to the right and told her something like, "wouldn't want you using the wrong hand and turning into a left handed person." I was soooo mad! DH and I are both right handed, but that doesn't mean she should be. Now she is favoring her right but I think a lot of it has to do with him making sure that the utensils are on the right. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"