TTC after 35
Options

I'm almost 35

I will be 35 in June, and my husband and I are TTC baby #3 for me and baby #4 for him. With our first two we concieved in the first month. so I was very shocked after two months that it wasn't working. I have been TTC for 5 months now. Do you guys  think i am getting older and it could be harder for me? or i was just very lucky with my first two.
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: I'm almost 35

• Options

Welcome and good luck!

I conceived for the first time while on BCP at 32.  I had a MC at 12 weeks and got pregnant on the first try after that.  I gave birth to my son at 33 and this is my second cycle TTC#2.  I am 37.  We waited a while for various reasons.

Anyway, I know women who got pregnant the first month TTC at 38-40 and women that have tried for over a year.  I think everyone is different.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

It can take a healthy couple up to a year to get pregnant, even with good timing. You were very lucky to conceive 2 in the 1st month trying.

Do you use OPKs or temp?

Me: 38, PCOS/ DH: 37

DD born 12.21.09, conceived w/ injects and IUI

TTC#2 since Nov 2011

BFP 2.6.12 m/c 6w5d | BFP 5.25.12 c/p

-Back to the RE-

3 medicated IUIs, all BFN

-Taking a break from treatment-

BFP 11.20.12 ~ EDD 7.28.13

image image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My Chart
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It could be that you're older now and maybe your lifestyle is different, more stress perhaps, or something like that. If your cycles are regular and you're ovulating, you could keep at it for a few more months if you want. It took me a full year of charting my temps, OPK kits, etc, before I got pregnant naturally 4 months after turning 38. I would just keep trying if I were you, but that's me. I think you have some time before you need to go to a doctor for a checkup. Good luck!
    Me: 44 DH: 42. DS born healthy at 40 weeks 8/24/09. TTC since then with no luck or ART. Surprise BFP 8/6/14... MMC @ 8 weeks 4 days... Miss you everyday sweet baby angel.
  • Options
    There are many reasons why you may not be conceiving right away as in the past; way too many to address in one little post here. Hormonal changes, stress, infection, age, lifestyle, and a number of other factors all will effect your fertility.
    Pregnancy Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Beat stage 4 Hodgkins Lymphoma May 2011, YEAH!!!

BFP 3/30/12, with fingers and toes all crossed.

AMA (37) + GD = HR, grr.

EDD 12.12.12

• Options

I would definitely agree. We couldn't conceive no matter what we tried. I think I was the one who was more stressed about it happening. I finally listened to my fiance and I'm glad to say finally, at 36 years old I am pregnant for the first time!!!!

Try your best to relax, and just keep taking care of your body and everything will happen when it's supposed to. Good luck!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"