May 2011 Moms

Anyone else's DC not like table food?

MY DS is 8 months and a week....he HATES puffs and anything table food wise.  He gags, sticks his tongue out and spits anything else out that's not pureed food.  Anyone else?  My DS#1 LOVED table food from the moment I let him have it.  Ugh....frustrating.  I mean not like I want him to eat steak but starting to like puffs or something would be nice.

Re: Anyone else's DC not like table food?

• Did you start with just purees? It's normal for them to gag and push food with their tongues as they learn how to move the food around their mouths. We have done a combo of BLW and purees, DS hates the mush but has done well with whole pieces of food, the idea is that they learn to "chew" then swallow and when they do just purees they just swallow so when they start with chunkier pieces they don't know what to do hence the gaging. It's the problem a friend is having with her 10 month old baby she gags with the littlest thing because since 4 month until now she has only fed her purees. But It doesn't mean they are choking, it's a learning process, so I would just offer more and let him try, but watch closely.
  • We're going through something similar. Any texture they don't recognize is "poison". Even mashed potatoes. They basically force themselves to vomit it up. We're working on it, but it's been a slow process.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"