Attachment Parenting
Options

Moby help - PIP

Is his head supposed to be back like that?  I feel like I need to support his head.  Is there a way to tighten that bottom piece once he is in or no?  I loved wearing dd once she was old enough to go on my back in the ergo, but never got into it for front carries when she was younger.  He is old enough for the moby right?

Re: Moby help - PIP

• Options
    He looks way too far down to me. You really want her head to lie on your chest or even slightly above. By putting her higher up, it should help to get the wrap snug and then you just lay their head to one side and the wrap kind of wraps over the back of their head...does that make any sense ??
  • Options

imageec3under4:
    He looks way too far down to me. You really want her head to lie on your chest or even slightly above. By putting her higher up, it should help to get the wrap snug and then you just lay their head to one side and the wrap kind of wraps over the back of their head...does that make any sense ??

Yup, thanks!  Also, the issue I had with wearing dd on the front was it was uncomfortable on my chest.  I am having a lot less pain this time bfing, but it is still achy to wear or even when doing skin to skin on my chest.  Is this something that you guys experienced and it just got better with time?  Maybe once my supply is more regulated.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I think higher for sure and possible tighter.  That's why his head is flopping back.  He's old enough for the moby.

• Options

To get the Moby tight enough to support baby you need to start out rather tight.  Where are you located?  Here is a list of many babywearing groups around the country, this is a great way to get some mama to mama BWing help:)

https://www.granolababies.com/babywearing-groups/info_27.html

Here's a good Moby wrap video:

https://youtu.be/uC8iQI50E_k 

AP, BWing, BFing, CDing, VBAC, Crunchy Mama to my handsome little 2 year old and squishy newbie! Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Babywearing Leader to the DuPage Slingers www.DuPageSlingers.Blogspot.com
  • Options
    Tighten it all up! They should be pretty confined when they're in there.
  • Options
    What pops said, plus his head should be supported by the side strap that he goes in first...the one on the bottom, closest to your body before you put him in.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had this prob when I first started, its the height like everyone said. Make sure that after the cross cross betweem the breasts, around the back and to the front that the little rectangle of fabric tjat ends up being his ppouch is tight to the chest wall and just under your breasts. I had a big boy (almost 8#) so its almost uncomfortable when you squeeze them in but supports perfectly. GL!
    33 yo, DH with MFI Iui x4, Dec 2009 to Jan2011 all BFN.... IVF May 2011 BFP, mc June 2011 at 6.5 weeks, FET Oct 2011 BFP! Sweet baby girl born 25 June 2012** started adoption process Feb 2010, approved Oct 2010, failed match in delivery rooms Feb & Aug 2011... Birthmom called back 3d after we returned home. Aug 26 2011, our sweet baby boy comes home for good!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"