Blended Families
Options

Say a little prayer....

I want to change DD's last name to my current last name. Right now she has my maiden name. I will keep my last name no matter what ( like divorce) so I think it's a good idea. I want her to match the 4 (soon to be 5) other people in my house. I haven't spoke to BF in 3 years and I couldn't find him so I took a shot in the dark and emailed some random person with the same name on FB a few weeks ago and he finally got back to me today. I told him what I wanted to do so hopefully he agrees easily. If he says no we are do for child support modification later this year and I will ask for more money if he doesn't agree....which means he will agree. But I want this done before she goes to kinder so if he would just agree now it would make life easy. So please just say a prayer or send good thoughts my way that this all works out!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Say a little prayer....

• Options
    good luck!!! hopefully he agrees since he probably won't want to pay you any more money for a kid he doesn't see!!

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • Options
    If he has no contact with the chil and hasn't for years and has no intentions of doing sI going forward why not see if he would be willing to terminate his rights and your H can adopt him?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I know BF would be more than willing to terminate his rights and DH does want to adopt DD but right now it's not something we can afford. From what I read there is a lot that goes with it and I would need a lawyer. Changing her name will be easy as long as he says yes. I just have to have BF sign two papers, file with the district clerk, pay $243 dollars, and then go in front of the judge when they have an open docket.  

• Options
    I would look into the adoption thing more if in fact he would be more than willing. It makes the most sense in the long run.
  • Options
    Sounds like black mail to me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm sorry you see it that way. To me it sounds like HE is a loser that wants nothing to do with his child and will do anything not to have to pay any more money than he has to. I don't even get what I should if it was based on minimum wage so I have every right to get more money IF that is what I wanted. We actually talked today and he said he would meet soon ( hopefully he follows through) to sign the papers. The next thing out of his mouth was him wondering what he get's out of this and asked when he can stop paying child support. All she is to him is a monthly bill that he wants to get rid of.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"