Michigan Babies

GR Obgyn-need to switch!

Hi all-I am a 32 week FTM and I need to switch Dr's. I currently go to Area Wide Obgyn and I cannot stand it there. They never discuss test results or give advice. The Dr's are with you maybe 3-5 minutes each visit. We reallly feel like we are being neglected. Any suggestions? Also, which hospital do you prefer? Metro or Spectrum Downtown (Butterworth).

Re: GR Obgyn-need to switch!

• I go to Grand Rapids Women's Health. It is downtown about 3 min. off of the College St. exit. I see Dr. Evdenson. He is amazing. This is my 4th pregnancy with him. All of the Doc's are super nice. I have gotten to meet all of them over the years. When I have to see someone other then my normal Doc it still feels like I am seeing my Doc. They are a great bunch of people. (Sorry I love my Dr. office)

The drawback for me is that they only deliver at Butterworth, and over all I really do prefer Metro. But I love my Doc and refuse to find a new one just to go to Metro. That and my youngest was born at 33 weeks, had I gone to Metro they would have tranfered her downtown anyway and then I would have been miles away from my baby. So to me I would rather pass up the really nice room and good food at Metro to not be seperated from my baby on the off chance that something is wrong.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I go to Spectrum OB/GYN on Lake Michigan.  I like Dr. Federico and Dr. Lalley there a lot.  Dr. Federico is older and kind of kooky, but is knowledgable and friendly.  He's genuinely interested in any questions or concerns you might have.  Dr. Lalley delivered my baby and was great for us in the hospital.  I also really like their NP's too.  Janet Mitchell is amazing. 

There is an OB office on 44th street near Burlingame (I forget his name- Talcott or something) and I've heard he is GREAT.  I have a friend who is a Dr. at Metro (where he delivers), and his patients have nothing but rave reviews for him. 

I've only delivered at Spectrum, and I thought it was fine.  The rooms and equipment are a bit older, but OB/GYN divisions at hospitals don't make any money, so they don't have the funds to upgrade a lot.  I really, really liked the nurses there. 

I've heard great things about Metro.  Obviously because they are a newer hospital they have more bells and whistles and nicer TV's and stuff LOL. 

I would find a great doctor first and then see which hospital they deliver at.  You're usually only there for a few days, and your main concern will be your baby. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • West Michigan OBGYN is great.  It's a big practice, but they know what they are doing.  Their main office is downtown, but they also have a smaller office in Grandville.  I have only met 1 physician there that I didn't care for (Cottingham). They deliver at Spectrum, but I preferred that.  Like another poster said, Metro is newer so the rooms are a little nicer, but Spectrum's staff is wonderful and the Children's Hospital/NICU is right there in case of emergency.  

• I am also a FTM and go to Dr. Looby off of Breton and 28th Street.  She is great, and is there when you need her.  She has her office there and another one in Byron Center and she delivers at Metro.  We both feel we are in very good hands and we couldn't be happier with her and Metro.  Just look up Dr. Megan Looby on line and you will find her page.

Valarie Visit The Nest!
  • I go to Michigan OBGYN. Their main office is right on the Metro Health Hospital campus...but they have a few offices around town that they visit as well for convenience of their clients. I'm currently pregnant with #3 and have been with that office for my first 2 children as well. I have never had a problem with them...I love my Doctor (Judy Florido) but all the other doctors I've met in the practice are great as well! They deliver at Metro Health and I love it!
    ~ Mom of 2 boys and unexpected Baby #3 due in June! ~ BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageKrissyq21:
    I go to Michigan OBGYN. Their main office is right on the Metro Health Hospital campus...but they have a few offices around town that they visit as well for convenience of their clients. I'm currently pregnant with #3 and have been with that office for my first 2 children as well. I have never had a problem with them...I love my Doctor (Judy Florido) but all the other doctors I've met in the practice are great as well! They deliver at Metro Health and I love it!

Thank you all, we decided to go with Michigan OBGYN, my first appt is in one week! So excited! Thanks for all your help!

• Awesome!! I hope it goes well!! :)
    ~ Mom of 2 boys and unexpected Baby #3 due in June! ~ BabyFetus Ticker
  • Dr. Edvenson delieverd my son in May 2010....absoultely love him...would recommend him again and again. I am currently 4 weeks pregnant and will def be returning to see him!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm with Krissy, I have Dr. Judy Florido too, and she's awesome!! The office staff is also very nice, and we automatically got a 4D US without asking for it. Wonderful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"