TTC after 35
Options

OB/Gyn appt today

Hi guys.  I usually post on TTGP, but thought maybe I should migrate over here some more given that I'm 41.  I did an intro a while back, and have been posting some, but in case it seems like I'm appearing out of nowhere, sorry!  DH (39) and I have been TTC since getting married last fall.  He has an almost 4 year old son, my stepson, that we have 50/50 custody with.  We are both eager to add to our family with a child of our own.  

I had an appointment with my OB/Gyn today just as a follow up after starting TTC in Oct.  She did an ultrasound and there were 2 follicles on my right ovary (14 mm and 10 mm, I'm CD 10 today).  So, hopefully we'll have luck this month.  She is sending DH for a SA next week and if we aren't successful this month will send me to do CD 3 bloodwork and an HSG next cycle with possible oral Clomid and monitoring US at CD 11-12.  I'm excited that I know I have follicles and to see what DH's SA #s are.  But I'm really nervous about proceeding to an HSG and further steps if necessary.  If I don't succeed in the next two cycles, she said I should make an appointment to see an RE.  Crossing fingers that I won't need their services, but hopeful that I'll have a BFP in my future somewhere.  

Thanks for listening ladies.   

TTC 10/11. IUI 2/12. BFP 3/8/12. 4/26/12 missed mc. RE consult 5/17/12. IVF #1 ER 7/13/12 53R, 41M ICSIed, 32F, 8 5d, 6 6d blasts - all PGD/frozen. PGD results 1 normal M and 1 normal F, 1 maybe M. FET 9/6, transferred 1 F embie. Beta 9/15 BFN. FET#2 planned for 11/2012 put off until 2013. Surprise BFP 11/21/12!! My son was born on 7/24/13!

FET 4/28/2015 - Transferred 1 M embie. 5/6/15 BFP!

Re: OB/Gyn appt today

• Options

Welcome back.  And good luck this cycle! 

If you have to do more testing, don't worry -- a lot of people have an okay time with the HSG -- try to go to a hospital center or someone who does a LOT of them.  Re: Clomid, I'd highly recommend doing that with an RE, who will give you more monitoring and likely also a trigger shot, so you release more follies and increase your chances. 

• Options

Good luck.  I am in a very similar, almost exact situation.  I am 38 and H is 42.  We got married in September and started to TTC in December.  I went to my ob/gyn today as well (CD9) and also have two follicles in one of my ovaries.  I am going to try for the few months and the doctor said go back in May if I have no success.  I feel I don't know much about this process, but the ladies on this board has been very helpful and I have been learning a lot.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome back and good luck to you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Welcome back and good luck to you.
    TTC #1 since 2/10 Me 38 FSH 12.9 & AMH 0.16 DH 47, low sperm count due to meds. 07/11 We have sperm! 28 million, 70% motility, morphology 1% normal. 08/14/11 1st IUI unmedicated BFN. 09/11/11 2nd IUI w/ Femara + trigger BFN 10/14/11 trigger & Final IUI 10/16/11 BFN 10/21/11 Started acupuncture and loving it! 01/21 ET one embryo 6 cell grade C. Beta 02/02. BFN. Taking a much needed break. image
  • Options
    Welcome and GL.  It sounds like your doc is being very proactive and its great that you have a plan. Hopefully you'll get your BFP before you need to see an RE.  If you do need further testing, have no worries, the ladies here have been through it all, they can tell you what its all about.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Good luck! If you end up having tests just see it as an opportunity to see what's going on and how to fix a problem, if there is one. Happy TTC Smile
    Me: 44 DH: 42. DS born healthy at 40 weeks 8/24/09. TTC since then with no luck or ART. Surprise BFP 8/6/14... MMC @ 8 weeks 4 days... Miss you everyday sweet baby angel.
  • Options
    Good luck!!! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Beat stage 4 Hodgkins Lymphoma May 2011, YEAH!!!

BFP 3/30/12, with fingers and toes all crossed.

AMA (37) + GD = HR, grr.

EDD 12.12.12

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"