VBAC
Options

Upcoming ObGyn Appt

Hi, I had a C-section in October and I have an upcoming ObGyn appt. I am very interested in a Vbac. I'm not pregnant and I know that the MFM at the hospital told me to wait 1 year. So how do I approach my Obgyn on the subject of Vbac.

Btw, I had a C-section due to hellp, my daughter was born at almost 32 weeks. 

Re: Upcoming ObGyn Appt

• Options

It's great to start getting VBAC info early!

First call the hospital L&D where s/he delivers and ask who does the most VBACs and if they're allowed. See if your Dr. Is mentioned.

Ask your Dr. If s/he does VBACs, then ask what the standard delivery is like for a VBAC mom (what if any interventions are required, etc.). 

Beware because some Dr.s say they do VBACs but what they mean is if you go into labor at 38 weeks and come to the hospital at 8 cms you can deliver vaginally.

Ask around, generally you'll find that Dr.s who are pro-natural birth are pro-VBAC. 

Don't feel like you can't see a different Dr. If yours isn't supportive.

Also if you find out VBACing at your hospital isn't possible don't be afraid to look outside your town! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Thanks for responding. I've looked at the ICAN website and my hospital allows and she is listed. I never brought it up at he 6 w pp appointment because I wasn't thinking about that.

So another ?, B/c I had Hellp and now would be considered high risk with any other pregnancy. Can they make you have a C-section? 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    No one can make you have a surgery. You have to sign consent forms. The ICAN website also has info on what to do if your doctor and hospital don't allow VBAC.  My hospital doesn't have a policy against VBAC but they aren't VBAC friendly either. I am planning on having our next baby there, but I also have a great support team, DH is on completely on board with it, so is my OB, even though she technically isn't supposed to be.  I am also looking into getting a doula who will be on nurse watch, so DH doesn't get freaked out. :-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

They can't force you to sign consent forms for a C-Section. 

Can I recommend you look into the Brewer Diet with your next pregnancy?

It's great for helping pregnant women avoid Pre-E and PIH so I assume it would be good for HeLLP.

It's great that your Dr. Is listed with ICan! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yes thanks so much. I will have to look it up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"