Parenting after 35
Options

10.5 mth old decreasing formula intake

It seems like my LO has decided to drop some of her bottles. She?s 10.5 mths old.

She was drinking 24 oz of formula daily: 4 oz in the morning w/fruit & oatmeal, 16 oz total in daycare, and 4 oz before bedtime. Now she?s down to 16 oz: she?s dropped to 12 oz at daycare and has cut out her 4 oz morning bottle ? the last two days I tried to give her that bottle like I normally do, but she pushed it away & reached for the fruit & oatmeal (and wanted more fruit & oatmeal).

She?s eating more solids these days, but should I be concerned about the decrease to 16 oz of formula? She doesn?t seem hungry, she seems fine. It just seems like she prefers solids to the formula if given the choice.

And another question: her pedi told me to start introducing WCM at 11 months, but I?m wondering if maybe the formula decrease is a sign that maybe now is a good time to start?

TIA!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: 10.5 mth old decreasing formula intake

• Options

Probably can't hurt....

You might also start giving her water to drink to make sure she stays hydrated.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The more solids they eat the less milk they drink. Don't worry.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We're going through this with my almost 10mo. old as well.  Since she dropped her 3rd nap a month ago, she's less interested in bf or bottles in the late afternoon and evening hours.  She was also taking about 24oz./day and now it's usually 16-18oz.

I haven't been too worried about it since she's getting closer to the 1yr mark, but I do make sure she gets a yogurt or a little cheese each day.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"