Pre-School and Daycare

1-2-3 Magic Users

Was this successful for you?  Our DD is generally very sweet but can have these major tantrums where she yells "no" and throws things.  It gets to the point where I don't know what to do and end up yelling.  I hate yelling at her and am looking for something to try.  Any advice would be great!

Re: 1-2-3 Magic Users

• Yes!  We used it and loved it!  It was VERY helpful for my DS.  The challenge is that you have to be VERY consistent... so you have to be ready to fight the good fight and stick to it all.the.time.  Also, both parents/caregivers have to be on the same page. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I used this along with "LOve and Logic" and took bits and pieces from both and found what worked for us.  Different things work with each of my kids but the counting thing really does work for them.  Being very consistent and giving choices that we can live with all work wonders.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • Loading the player...
  • imagekgopel:
    Yes!  We used it and loved it!  It was VERY helpful for my DS.  The challenge is that you have to be VERY consistent... so you have to be ready to fight the good fight and stick to it all.the.time.  Also, both parents/caregivers have to be on the same page. 

This. You have to be prepared to really stick to it no matter what (I just had to put DS in a time out in the middle of the grocery store...). But if you stick with it, it works.

• Yes!  We used it and loved it!  It was VERY helpful for my DS.  The challenge is that you have to be VERY consistent... so you have to be ready to fight the good fight and stick to it all.the.time.  Also, both parents/caregivers have to be on the same page. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Also try Happiest Toddler on the Block" for tantrums/frustation.  I use both 123 & HT.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"